New Adventures

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
p.penn

Re: New Adventures

Post by p.penn »

See Richard, you have women fighting over you already {rofwl} {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I feel all young again. :-D

Jannie got quite close to something I had been thinking about, rather than a small car, get an adaptable Estate and just go roaming whenever I wish !!

Seriously, next year I was thinking of doing John O'Groats to Land's End just using my Bus Pass, don't pay for trains, so cheap.

I know quite a few Seniors have done it since the Rules changed to using them nationally.

Needless to say I'd see it as a business trip and do web pages on it !!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Well, I thought I suggested at the beginning of this thread, that Richard could be mascot, in place of that knitted chicken.

It's a conspiracy.
Somebody deleted my post, then pinched my idea.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Richard

Post by Richard »

I like that Mo :-D :-D

I'm taking my son to Kathmandu in October, so that will be nice. Rather a couple of grand less when I'm gone and a nice photo of him and me with Mount Everest in the background on his mantelpiece (how morbid!!).
I know he'd value that more anyway.

Maybe I should become a Guru.

Richard :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Sara

Post by Sara »

Richard wrote:Jannie got quite close to something I had been thinking about, rather than a small car, get an adaptable Estate and just go roaming whenever I wish !!

I do that with my car Richard :? Its a toyota corrolla estate, its quite small for an estate but it works well, The rear seats fold down into a bed, with a small blow up mattress, and the front seats become storage and somewhere to sit... Theres also quite a bit of storage space around the spare wheel and storage tray sort of thing beneath the seats so everything you need is always ready to go.... Im going to get the windows blackened out though as that can sometimes be the only problem )t'
Lots of adventures to be had :-D

Or you could try extreme water sports? Dog walking? foriegn languages? Salsa? Pottery? Curling? >dum<
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Well I have 2 suggestions, one that really helped me (no sniggering at the back) was joining a knitting charity. We chat on a forum just like....well not quite the same, as this. Then we started to organise local groups and meet up, my local group isn't really as it is 50 miles away, but once a month we all get together and have a great laugh, eat cake, drink tea and occasionally knit. Then 4 years ago we all started converging on a show in Scotland, this has become an annual event not to be missed. I have made friends from Shetland to Cornwall, real face to face when we can manage friends.

Next suggestion is a cheeky one, we have just started a business renting out VW camper vans, you could rent one of these and go visit all the knitting groups.

{rofwl} {rofwl} OK I know you won't do either of these things, but I was feeling very 'lost at sea' when we closed our long established business down, and working for yourself you don't have work colleagues, the people who work for you will always be employees. This network of knitting chums really saved me from a serious decline, they make me smile, there's some that are always on the end of the phone if I need a chat, and my B&B running friend in Northumberland gets to see me and another knitting chum 2 or 3 weekends visits every year.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Kate that is such a lovely post about the wonderful people who have become good friends {hug}

You xo know that you will have to tell us of your meet ups and adventures now cause we are very interested(sounds better than nosey {rofwl} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Be as nosey as you like Linda - no secrets :-D The charity is Loving Hands, we knit, crochet and sew for lots of charities as our families were well supplied with hand mades and we needed to find an outlet for what we were making, that's how we all found LH.

My local group is at Stafford, (I live between Nottingham and Grantham) and is run by a dear friend that I met when I started going to Stafford, she takes a lot of ribbing as she is not a quiet person. We call her the SM (Sergeant Major) but we love her to bits. The first time I met them we totalled 4, now 3 years on there's anything upwards of 15 and if everyone turned up each meeting there would be over 20 (and not enough chairs!)

The Scottish trip is good as we get to see Lou, the very inspiring lady who started it all 7 years ago. Usually hubby and I make a bigger trip of it with a few days touring before or after, we went to Skye one year which was amazing, we also went across Balach na Ba to Applecross which was stunning. This year he couldn't make it so I had my own adventure going up on the train. My lovely friend Julia who lives in Shetland, met me at the railway station and we had a great catch up. We have an open invitation to visit them and hope one day to go there.

It's done wonders for my confidence, it is really the first thing I have done for me. I've always been wife and mum and taken care of everyone. It took them all some getting used to when I pop off every now and then to Northumberland for 3 or 4 nights and leave them to fend for themselves (they are all grown ups). I also never felt comfortable driving anywhere on my own that I didn't know but now I will go anywhere.

And if I need a chat there's always someone around to talk to. I really don't have any close friends here despite living in the village for 20+ years, only got to know other mums when the kids were little. It has really been a new lease of life for me with the bonus that we are helping people at home and abroad that need to be kept warm :-D
Richard

Post by Richard »

I agree with Linda, an inspiring post Kate.

I did say after my bike ride I'd like to 'roam' a bit, just get in the car, pack a tent in the back and go.
I met various Seniors on my bike ride who were doing much the same on Motor Bikes, Camper Vans or Bicycles, they'd just packed things, said 'we'll go that way' and see where they ended up!!

So your suggestions are quite valid and close to my cause.

Maybe my Bus Pass JOGLE will be an opportunity to meet some Members. I met some on my ride but for obvious reasons of schedules, time of day etc. I spent little time to chat as much as I'd like to have done.
I believe the Bus Pass journey to take only about 5 or 6 days and I wouldn't waste the scenery and stops on 6 days, I'd want to stretch it to a decent three weeks or so.

Who knows, there may be a Cannon near you soon!!

Richard )t' )t'
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

And since several of us have bus passes too, the other passengers might be in for a surprise.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire