Aishakalis Chix

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Aishakalis Chix

Post by sandy »

How are Tatty Sal and Sweetie doing Lyn? Has Sal finished all her birthday cake yet? >ck<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Hi Sandy )wav( We're in Turkey till tomorrow and Roland is chix sitting again, at least I hope he is still. He had a fall when he popped round the day we left but insisted he was ok, I told him to ring my son if he felt unwell. I'm missing my girls and can't wait to see them! Hope your babies are ok {hug} x
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Update on Tatty Sal and Sweetie please, part of my virtual flock {hug} Hope you enjoyed Turkey
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

HI Sandy )wav(

Got back from holiday May 20th and went straight to see the girls. Straight away I saw Sweets wasn't right, breathing fast and dark comb. Took her to vet and Tylan soluble given which did absolutely nothing! So so worried about her, her breathing was so noisy and laboured. She was on Tylan for 12 days. She wouldnt eat so I was giving her scrambled eggs, cake crumbs bits of banana etc, anything to get her to eat. Took her back to vet and was given Baytril to be given orally with a syringe, ( a two man job!) and she was a very good girl. She improved over a few days and is now eating and pottering around the garden and singing to me. She has a couple more doses to go but is still not over the hill, still making noises and breathing not right, although not so bad. Just praying she gets through all this, she's such a little darling {hug} Her 2 year henniversary is coming up in October and I would love her to see that so fingers crossed >fi<

Sal is still digustingly healthy even though she feels like skin and bone when I pick her up! Iron will that one lol. The 2 littlies are going broody at regular intervals but are laying well and are gorgeous :-D
I know some of you have lost girls recently and Im so sorry and really feel for you all. It just doesn't get any easier {hug} {hug}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Lyn, sorry this is a late reply hope little Sweetie has improved, sending her lots of >fi< >fi< >fi< bless her

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

My darling little girl went over the Rainbow Bridge today. She had fought so hard for 5 weeks. Had Tylan and Baytril but it didn't work. Vet thinks she may have had a tumour as she didn't respond to AB's. I couldn't let her battle on any more. Been so worried about her for weeks. Twenty months of lovely memories of my girlie {hug}

1st day

Took everything in her stride

She never did get a proper tail

Always had one wattle longer than the other!

Such a good girl with the teenys

My lovely Sweetie {hug}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Lyn I am so very sorry little Sweetie has lost her long battle {hug} I love the wondrous expression on her face in the photo that you originally put on your first page of the diary she was just enchanting with that little stick up tail just like my Georgie. Another one of my virtual flock gone, the Rainbow Bridge must be bowing from all those little feet walking over it recently. Tears have been shed here after 'knowing' Sweetie for so long and following her little life. It dosent help but you know she had a marvellous life with you and she could not have had anymore tlc in her last few weeks. Nite nite dear little girl, lots of hugs to you Lyn {hug&kiss}

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Thank you Sandy. Dreading going out to them this morning. Going to be horrible without Sweetie singing to me {cry} wish we could get used to losing them but just can't {hug}
LYN
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Lyn, I'm so sad and sorry to hear about Sweetie. She had a fantastic life with you and I'm sure she wouldn't change a day of it. As you said, it doesn't get any easier and we can't get used to losing them because they're so special. And we wouldn't have them any other way so {hug} to you today
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Thank you Karen {hug} Hope Ron is still improving >fi<
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lyn please put a photo and some info of the lovely Sweetie in the Rainbow Bridge Diary, she certainly deserves a little tribute bless her {hug&kiss}

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Everything's plodding along nicely in the Chix house. Sal missed Sweetie for a few days, kept looking for her in their fav spot and calling her, stretching her neck to be able to spot her more easily. I think she still misses her as she only has the littlies for company now, although she's a lot more tolerant of them. They still have their own coops but I'm going to get them in the same coop when the weather gets colder.
Little Milli's gone broody every month so far }hairout{ but only takes a 3-7 days of chucking her out of the coop for her to snap out of it. Getting around 9 eggs a week from the littlies bless 'em.
I'm hankering after some more ex's but having the tiny Bantams is putting me off a bit as they're so easily bullied.
Sal's been home 2yrs 4mths! she's such a tough little cookie {hug&kiss}

Sal "helping"

the 3 of themImage

2 little book ends!
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I adore the 'bookends' {rofwl} They are so adorable but Tatty Sal is the real stunner bless her. So glad she has enjoyed and will continue to enjoy a proper hennie life )t' I love it when they try and help makes things so much quicker and easier dosent it +f+

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Lyn poor old Tatty Sal, bless her. My cat went blind but we did as you are doing and kept everything where she knew where it was. LOvely Sal is so lucky she is living with you and enjoying her life {hug} Have a good christmas too Lyn, hoping 2015 is better and I can catch up with your news

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Lyn, I'm sorry I missed your post about Sal. What a worrying time, I hope she's okay. If she's having a hard moult that may be taking it out of her too, it can affect them in odd ways. I mean, could it be muscle problems rather than loss of sight?

How is Sal doing now?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper