This is our new arrival.......Teddy

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: This is our new arrival.......Teddy

Post by Linda S »

Hi Gwen the video wont play on my pc, but do you mind me asking where you got the coat from please.
Our rottie Ruby is very warm blooded and she has a really thickcoat, in fact of all my four rotties she is he hairiest if you know what i mean, and sheds like nobodys buisiness.

Im thinking one would maybe be suitable for her :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Sara

Post by Sara »

He is gorgeous Gwen {hug}
I love his face, really expressive, just gorgeous {hug}

I also want to know where you got the coat from please {rofwl} My poor old Bane really suffers from the heat here, he is husky x bouvier moutain dog and the heat gets up well into the forties here in summer and as he gets older hes having more and more trouble with keeping cool... {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks for your lovely comments.

The website for the coats,mats etc is:- www.keepcool.org.uk, if that doesnt work Clare originally typed in google , 'keep cool dog coats' and that amongst others came up. They are not cheap, but are good and work for up to 4 hours, but in really hot weather you need to wet them more often.

It was Lexi's coat originally because she was extremely hot being a Malamute X and is large, but by the looks of it Teddy will need a bigger one soon as Lexi was wearing it at 16 months old and he is only 8 months.. LOL

Gees, Sara with temps getting into the 40's.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Gwen I will have a look later )t' Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Teddy is gorgeous Gwen. {hug} ....loved the video ! :-D
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Teddy now weighs 37kg and is still growing steadily and has now outgrown the cool coat, so Clare has ordered another. It looks a bit like a mini skirt on him. {rofwl}

Eating is a little more spasmodic, but we are not panicking and letting him do his own thing regarding that within reason. He seems to want to eat more in the evenings and not too keen on the a.m. feed.

He is still putting his front end up on the work surface, but does get down when told 'off', so some progress and has not attempted the bunny hop onto surfaces again. LOL

He is still getting on well with Bella, but like I said before we are giving Bella a breather with a safety gate still. He is however VERY interested in the cats! So, under the trainers instructions we now do not kick/throw the ball for him and he doesnt have it all day, either. Not sure if its working yet, but time will tell on that one.

Clare has found that when she is out walking in towns and villages with him that people seem to be very wary of him and give him a fairly wide birth, yet when she walked Lexi they came up to her!

He still does jump up when excited, so that is a work in progress. We took him to a small horsey show that Chloe was riding in with the RDA the other Sunday and obviously because the smells were rife with dozens of dogs and it had been raining too it was an interesting day. LOL One thing we did notice was that there was only one other GSD that we saw, mostly Labs, JRT and Collies and it was the JRT that were barking and breaking their necks to get to him, not the bigger dogs. LOL
wendy

Post by wendy »

Welcome to the World of a GSD/Rottie owner :-D
I have people leaping into the road to avoid walking past each of mine :? . Yet with the Akita's they were all over them.
Nowt so queer as folk.
Glad he is growing and happy. It all takes time, but you are getting there.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

We had all the moving to one side to get away from Bella when she was walked. In fact I did say I would wear a HUGE sign saying, 'The dog doesn't bite but the owner will!' LOL

That seems to have worn off with Bella though, maybe its got something to do with the fact that she is nearly as white as me now and they think that she is too old to do anything nasty. LOL

Like you say, Wendy......nowt so queer as folk.
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Blimey Gwen, just seen your piccies of Teddy, you sure that's not the beast of Bodmin moor!! yike* . Have to say though he is a handsome looking GS, bet he keeps the postie on his toes!..... )t'
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

He's gorgeous! We have the same thing with Lollie jumping up to see what she can snaffle off the worktops - she's never bunnyhopped on completely though! {rofwl}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

It is Teddy's birthday tomorrow and he will be one year old.

Today while out on a walk he did a wee on three legs too, began to wonder if it would ever happen, but it has, bless him.

He is eating much better now, having two meals a day, will still chase the cats if they run though which is not good. He still sometimes puts his feet up on the work surfaces, but it is happening less often and will get down when told 'off'. He is at training every Mond night and will be going to scent training, think its on Thursdays and also hydro which he now likes. He has a better social life than me!

The postie does love him, SB and Teddy loves the postie but not in a nasty/aggresive way, much to the posties relief me thinks. LOL

Hopefully will get some more piccies up soon, he has really grown up and is beginning to fill out.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ahh happy birthday for tomorrow Teddy! )pty Looking forward to seeing the piccies Gwen {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell