Wimbledon Andy Murray grunts!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Wimbledon Andy Murray grunts!

Post by urbanchicks »

Why does he now screech when he serves now never done it before,Awful, probably introduced by the new female coach, he should not be doing this, will keep the telly on subtitles.

Maggie
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Re: Wimbledon Andy Murray grunts!

Post by Kuikentje »

Perhaps it's a girly thing. So unladylike. So ungentlemanly, actually. But I wonder how much of a gentleman he is anyway to ditch the coach who got him through Wimbledon last time!
I can't stand any of them doing this. If they can't play without all that noise then they can't be as good as they think they are anyway. No doubt it's the same principle as the 'kyaa!' cry in martial arts. But I think there is no place for it.
Life's too short to quarrel
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

What a good point you made about Ivan Lendl, I have never been a Murray fan.

Maggie.
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I don't think Andy can be criticised for the odd grunt compared to the women who are horrendous and enough to put you off watching them. I find Andy compulsive viewing but at the same time a bit like a horror film in that you hide behind a cushion and peep over the top!! What an afternoon of tennis today, Raffa, Roger and Heather Watson.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I watched a bit of the Venus Williams match but had to turn over due to her horrendous shrieks! Actually, I thought it grossly off putting for the other contestant too. {mr.angry}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

p.penn wrote:I watched a bit of the Venus Williams match but had to turn over due to her horrendous shrieks! Actually, I thought it grossly off putting for the other contestant too. {mr.angry}

Think you have poss hit the nail right on the head there, Helen. LOL