Shame on Wimbledon rules

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Shame on Wimbledon rules

Post by albertajune »

I read today that some of our armed forces have given up their 2 weeks leave to do volunteer work at Wimbledon.
Some of them at breaks sat in empty seats and watched the tennis. They were asked to remove themselves because that is the rules. I know that we have to have rules, but surely thanks should be given to these guys who do such a selfless job, not treat them like naughty boys.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Shame on Wimbledon rules

Post by Linda S »

It makes you wonder about the person who made this rule but I bet they arnt the one who is telling our troops that they arnt wellcome to watch

I know this might sound a bit over thr top but to me its like saying to them ,
'Well its fine for you to put your lives on the line and leave your families to be worried sick for youre saftey, and of course you can give up youre well deserved leave but hey you dont expect to be wellcome to watch thematches free do you'. }hairout{
Talk about petty, it would be funny if it wasnt true and yes rules are therr for a reason but seriously.something should be done in this case in my opinion )t' Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Like most of these elite type organisations, they are run by committee members that are too far up their own backsides (pardon my french!), rules are rules don't you know! }hairout{
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

Why shouldn't volunteers be allowed to sit in empty seats, as long as they are not preventing paying spectators from sitting there? Wimbledon should be glad - it would make it look better!
Life's too short to quarrel
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well, I am sorry but if that had been me who they asked to move........I would have, right out of Wimbledon and left them to stew over who they were going to replace me with! Absolutely ridiculous!! {mr.angry}