Bargain of the week for me

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Bargain of the week for me

Post by Linda S »

Im not sure if this shoulr be here or or food so fee to shift it if it is mods.

Anyhow last night after SW I called in asssda and I dropped on a whole salmon marked down from its original price to £7.43 it was on offer for £6per kg as it was and so I paid not much over that and got plenty of dinners from it )t' .

I had to fillet it mysef and I have now got two large tail pieces and eight good sized portions living in my freezer.
Notice I havent said fillets but hey my effort will be rewarded by it tasteing just as good as lovely neat fillets {rofwl} . )

I also got a big bag of carrots for 2p and a two bags of apples for 30p about a penny each. I.also won the raffle at my group so I was feeling very good last night. :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Bargain of the week for me

Post by Spreckly »

You must be feeling very pleased with yourself, Linda. Enjoy the salmon!
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

.Way to go Linda, enjoy your salmon. I love salmon but so blooming expensive.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks ladies )t'

Mrs B we loveit too and I usually only buy it .when its on offer or reduced, it tends to be holiday times when asssda get whole ones in.
And quite often there will be some reduced except christmas and then they dont bring them down by much.

One time i asked on the counter if they could possibly take the head and tail off for me and the lady said she wasnt supposed to do the reduced ones but she not only did it but also cut it into portions too.
The time before this she was on duty and saw me and told me there were some reduced and said if I got one she would fillet it for me which I thought was very thoughtfull. We have smashing staff at our local store :-D .

Mrs B if you lived anywhere near us I would gladly send couple of my beautifully prepared portion round
and im sure you would admire my handy work {rofwl} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you