R.I.P Trixie aka Asbo Bunny

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Linda S
Legendary Laner

R.I.P Trixie aka Asbo Bunny

Post by Linda S »

Yesterday afternoon I went out to bring our Trixie into the house where we had the fan on and it was cooler.
She was in her bed part of the hutch and didnt move or growl at me so I knew something was wrong, so I picked her up and thought she was just too warm , her hut is quite shaded but it was so hot.

Because of the car accident and me being in hospital I know I havent been as dilligent as I usually am with her.
As I picked her up I noticed she was damp, also she hadnt chucked her food all over as she does to get her favourite bits and her water had hardly gone down

She was a loin head and very fluffy and so she is usually checked every day to make sure she is clean.
With it being so hot.
I was appauld sp? when as I removed the shavings that always stick to her some fur came off in my hand, she had last had her fluffy bum checked saturday and was clean as usual and her hutch was cleaned and disinfected as always.

Her bum was wet and near her tail felt funny too we tried to bathe her and to out horror we saw a maggot on her it had crossed my mind about fly strike but till then I was hopeful she was just a bit dirty although that too would be very wrong for her.

We phoned the vet and took her down the nurse checked her and she seemed quite hopeful that we had caught it in time and we would have to leave her to be treated which we would have done gladly.
However when the vet examined her it was worse than we thought, we told him that if shen was going to suffer we didnt want that for her.
He was so lovely with us and explaind that it would be a long process for her and that thier was no guarantee thatbshe would come through it.
He yhought it best to let her go peacefully thrre and then

Both me and hubby are very upset and feel we have let her down even though the vet said it could have happened in as little as 24hrs and we had a lot on our minds and not to blame ourselves
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: R.I.P Trixie aka Asbo Bunny

Post by Gwenoakes »

Oh, Linda I am so sorry to hear your sad news. RIP Trixie. {hug}

Please dont blame yourselves, sometimes you have to prioratise (sp) and we cant always do what we should/would do under those circumstances. Clare and I know only too well, as we had to prioratise when Lexi was here and Jack was put on the back burner so to speak and yes we do feel guilty, but you can only do what you can do. No more, no less.

Take comfort that you did the best you could and you loved Trixie even if she was an asbo bunny. I really feel for you, I truly do. {hug} {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Gwen {hug} .

I was going to say that she was about 7yrs old but my phone went funny.
Our son had her a good couple of years he got herngiven and she was full grown then and weve had her 3yrs.

She used scratch you or growl when you put her food in and you had to pick her up when she had her back to you or you hadnt much of a chance.
She would sometimes even growl all the way to her run and then leap out of your arms into it, she was a bit strange bless her so she fitted in well with us {rofwl} .

We had seen an indoor cage for her for this winter with her getting on a bit and allthough not a proper house bunny as such she did like to spend some time indoors watchinh tv and being groomed by our westie :-D
We think a lot of the grumbling was an act though because most times once out of her hutch she was lovely, its going to be so different without out her {hug} Lindaxx
Last edited by Linda S on 23 Jul 2014, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
wendy

Post by wendy »

{hug} {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Just keep in mind that she had a good life under your TLC {hug} {hug}
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

{hug}
They all leave a gap when they go.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

So sorry Linda {hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww Linda {hug} sadly these things happen when we least expect them, don't blame yourself, she had a good life with you {hug}
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Dear Linda, sending you hugs, {hug} {hug}