Metacam for horses

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

I'm sorry.

We've had all of ours put down at home and even though it's hard, it's the only way to be sure you've done the right thing for them.

Best of luck finding a new one - it's the silver lining to this cloud.
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Re: Metacam for horses

Post by amber66 »

So sorry Gwen, sending you more {hug} {hug} {hug} .
Amber.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh Gwen, so sorry to hear your sad news. Sending much love and big {hug} {hug} to you all, I know it's hard {cry}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, guys. XX

Rosie the Falabella arrived just under an hour after Jack was picked up. Edna went absolutely mad when he was being picked up, snorting, whinnying, dashing round the field really stressed, but she and Rosie are out.....Rosie in the small grass paddock with Edna in an adjoining one. Will be like that for a few days then they can go in together, they have been together before, so all should be OK.

Only 15 mins after the application form on line was sent in to Bransby for a loan horse, they rang and said they had a suitable companion and we are going to see her on Sat, although they dont usually do weekend visits.

She is a 14 yr old grey Cob mare 13.1hh who has been with them for 2 years. Apparently she arrived heavily in foal from Wales. They have said she is a little nervous until she has bonded, loves human attention and routine and a good doer which Edna is, so looking hopeful.

Clare is utterly devastated as Jack is the third horse she has lost in the last 18 months and not forgetting Lexi who was pts in August last year. I am really beginning to wonder when this will stop.

Have had 3 VERY LARGE Bacardi's and coke and dont even know I have had them, but I enjoyed them non the less. )t'
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Gwen and Clare im so sorry {hug} {hug} {hug}

Im glad you have got some company for Edna, and your new girl will im sure settle well with you, she is a lucky girl to get the chance of a real home. :-D

R.I.P Jack you beloved brave boy {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

So sorry to read your news about Jack. But pleased to read you are getting a horse from Bransby. I love that place, I go to their open days and make donations. The people who look after the horses do a wonderful job. Hope the meeting goes well for you.
Ilona
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks again for your kind words. {hug}

We were talking last night and Edna was originally a loan horse to keep Jack company when the others went. She was never meant to be 'ours', but when Clare left her owners employment she sort of gave her to us!

So now we are in the situation of needing a companion for what was originally a companion!

So to stop history repeating itself that is why we are going to Bransby and not loaning from a person we know, as we always, without fail end up with another animal and Clare decided months back that she didnt want to have horses anymore, think too much has happened these past 18 months, plus she wants her time to persue a career in animal hydro which was originally instigated when Lexi had to go to hydro, so as in everything some good does come out of every situation even if its just, lesson learnt.

Clare watched Edna and Rosie last night and first thing this morning and decided to let them together in the same paddock sooner rather than wait and they have been brill, no squabbles, squealing, nipping or anything.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Aww bless them, sounds like a lovely ending for them both and a weight off your minds {hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Metacam for horses - RIP Jack

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Jem, it is.

Rosie is not here for good as her owner wants her back soon, hence the trip to Bransby on Sat to look at another one they think will be suitable.

Edna has whinnied after Jack this morning, she left Rosie and wandered off to where he was laid, bless her. They had a wonderfully close bond the two of them, so sad to see her still sad.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Gwen I hope everything goes well at Bransby tomorrow >fi< .

We also get newsletters and support them so its great that one of them could be going to live with someone I 'know' :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

We went to Bransby and were introduced to Heidi who is a grey mare aged 14 yrs old. She is rather sweet and absolutely snow white which I am sure will not last long here, especially if she loves rolling. LOL

We have to read through all the legal paperwork, be home checked and they are going to see how Heidi is when they put her in a stable, as up to now she has lived in a large herd when in or out and not been stabled much at all. She is pretty wary, but did come up to Clare and let her touch her, so, we will see what transpires.

Providing the above two things go well then she will be coming here to live.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

It was with a sad heart that I rang Bransby and told them that we would not be having Heidi. There were several reasons which I wont put on here, but both Clare and I didnt have that true gut feeling that she was the right one for us/Edna, so on this occasion our heads ruled our hearts.

We have however, got a mini Shetland called Flora who we bought!! Our vet told us about her and when we met her breeder and her, something just clicked and we had that good gut feeling that she was absolutely right. We were not going to buy one, but circumstances changed that decision. She is a cutie and we have given her to Chloe who already has taken great pride in grooming, poo picking, picking feet out and leading her.

The amazing thing is that when Clare looked at the passport for her, Flora's birthday is exactly the same as Chloe's with obviously the year being different. As to how often that situation would happen I dont know, but we thought it was pretty special.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

)like(
Not just chickens that are addictive then.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Mo wrote:)like(
Not just chickens that are addictive then.

Your right there, Mo, but horses are more expensive!! Having said that she is only tiny, sort of gone from the sublime to the ridiculous considering Jack was 18.1hh as she would barely be up to his knee if he were here. LOL
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Don't I know it.
And the more 'useless' the more expensive. My daughter has also just made a hard decision with a horse she bought just after she left college, couldn't ride one season for various causes (the foot & mouth advice / eye injury (hers) / bad back (hers) / bad back (mares) - result, laminitis making her unrideable. We had her 10 years after that and not only did she need keeping in / feeding / bedding, but the new horse also came in to keep her company for a good part of the season.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire