Hair Dyes

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Hair Dyes

Post by HedgeHugger »

No doubt there is a frugal way of creating hair-dye out of mushrooms and grass or some such potion, but I like my chemical colours :)

Superdruuuug are currently selling hair dye BOGOF AND free delivery for a £10= spend.
perchy

Re: Hair Dyes

Post by perchy »

I get one from Pounderstretcher, wait for it £1, I was a bit scared to try it but thought what is the worst that can happen, and it has really good coverage of grey )t'

If anyone buys this and their hair falls out it is not my fault : The Management
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I bought a couple of packs from druggersoup last week - they were half price. Bargain!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

If only I had some hair to dye, rather than having my hair die {cry}
Dom
Ali Woks My World
perchy

Post by perchy »

Totally Scrambled wrote:If only I had some hair to dye, rather than having my hair die {cry}
Dom

{hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Awwww Dom {hug}

Could you dye your hairy legs? +f+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I only pay £1 for my hair dyes, from the discount stores, Stretch the pound, Hoam Bargins, Bee n Em, or £1 shops. If you have short hair you can split the contents to make two applications. Split before mixing. 50p for a hairdo. )t'
Ilona
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

I have couple of pound shop ones. I bought a pink and a purple last time. They just gave a very subtle tinge rather than a full on bright colour.

I do like my bright colours though. Last one was pillar box red, supposed to semi permanent but with minimal washing I did stretch it out for around 6 weeks as a bright colour. I have to bleach my hair first too, as although I'm pretty grey these days I'm not grey enough to get the effect I want :)
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I'm with Dom on this :-D
Michael