cream legbars...

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
chickenjo
Lively Laner

cream legbars...

Post by chickenjo »

Hi all,

I have a pair of young cream legbars, only recently hatched; a friend gave me the eggs to place under my broody pekin. However, he no longer wants them back, and they're going to be much bigger than my bantams. Bearing in mind they're an auto-sexing breed, it looks pretty certain I have 1 cockerel and 1 hen.

I can obviously continue to keep them here for a good few weeks yet as they're only 5 weeks old. I would however like them to go to a good home; I could ultimately keep the hen, but I know what will happen to the little cockerel if I do return him to my friend :(

So, I would like them to go together somewhere. I'm based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire if that helps anyone.

Thanks

Jo
1 tolerant husband, 2 lazy but crazy shibas (Dali and Yoshi), countless fish and shrimp and 3 (soon to be 4) cheerful chooks: Eleanor the prissy pekin, Anastasia the warbling wyandotte, and Georgiana the rock chick.

Rehomed after being reared as chicks: Ginger (he was actually a boy) and Marilyn who are now frolicking in someone else's garden!

Deeply missed are Eowyn and Arwen, the demanding but gorgeous ex-batts that thought they had the same rights as the dogs; Isabella the silkie beauty and Lizzie the elderly pekin I adopted with her hubby Henry, also passed.

Hollow Meadows
Learner Laner

Re: cream legbars...

Post by Hollow Meadows »

Hi,
If you are still looking to rehome cream legbar chicks? We would like to offer to take them in. We have flock of mixed breed chickens and currently have about 10 six weeks chicks in the pan! If available please PM me, we are near Shefffield and can pick up when you are ready.
Phone number edited out just in case there's some weirdo out there who decides to plague you.
Dom
chickenjo
Lively Laner

Re: cream legbars...

Post by chickenjo »

Have pm'd you - sorry, I went on holiday and when I came back I unfortunately had a bereavement to deal with so Haven't checked any of this in weeks. The two are happy and still awaiting a home.

Thanks
Jo
1 tolerant husband, 2 lazy but crazy shibas (Dali and Yoshi), countless fish and shrimp and 3 (soon to be 4) cheerful chooks: Eleanor the prissy pekin, Anastasia the warbling wyandotte, and Georgiana the rock chick.

Rehomed after being reared as chicks: Ginger (he was actually a boy) and Marilyn who are now frolicking in someone else's garden!

Deeply missed are Eowyn and Arwen, the demanding but gorgeous ex-batts that thought they had the same rights as the dogs; Isabella the silkie beauty and Lizzie the elderly pekin I adopted with her hubby Henry, also passed.