Any one sticking with the fasting regime?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Any one sticking with the fasting regime?

Post by jemberelli »

Wow, well done Mr H! I started at the beginning of June and am about half a stone down so far. It is coming off slowly but am happy with that. I am seem to be much more determined to stick at it than I was with SW and feel a lot less restricted, even though with SW you can eat so much free food. I am loving it as a way of life and feel that it is something I can continue with long after the weight has gone as a way of maintaining. Good luck with the remaining collie Mr H )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Mrs fab and I have stuck to it religiously for the past 11 months. It's not really about weight loss now, we lost a bit of weight initially, it's about giving your metabolism a rest twice a week from the excesses of our Western diet.
Michael
wendy

Post by wendy »

Good to hear it is working well for you both )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

Just thought I too would pop in for a quick smirk!

I'm working on my 3rd stone since starting last year, actually one year ago last weekend (ish).

I love it as I can stop and start again, as work/life pressure dictates, without feeling guilty and with a continual, slow and steady loss - that's 1/2 lb per week, each and every week on average.

I intend to kick it up a gear over summer and lose that 3rd stone before 2014 :-D

Congratulations to everyone else who is losing.... )t'
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Well done Stef )app( )c( thats a brilliant loss and sounds like a very relaxed and non stressfull regime which fits in well )t' Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wendy

Post by wendy »

)t' )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

I'm doing the 5:2 regime purely for the health benefits. I don't need to lose weight but such fat as I have is all in the wrong place. Also, I really, really don't want to get diabetes and at least this way I'll know I've done everything I can to reduce my risk and at least won't have to blame myself if I ever do develop it.

It is so easy. Two days a week (which happen to be the two days I go spinning, so it's fine to exercise on those days), I just don't really have to think about what I eat. And the other five I don't have to think about what I eat, either. I see so many people who are complete slaves to their 'diets' and what they're allowed and what they're not allowed and what they can combine and when they can eat it and what treats they can have and when - how can anybody live like that? All I have to do is eat 500 calories (which is more than you think) twice a week, and that's that. Simples. And it works. Even if you get hungry it's only till tomorrow, ever, and that's why people can stick to it, because it isn't a life sentence.
Life's too short to quarrel
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Totally agree Kuikentje, I know not everyone suits this and if you are diabetic to start with it would be difficult but I think for the majority of people this is a healthy way to live.
I have just 1 kg left to loose )c( and then I shall stay with this for the health benefits.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Wow - well done to all of you! Sounds as if there is a high success rate with this one, and I can quite see how it is easily do-able. )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Mrs Fab and I have been religiously sticking to it for over a year now.

We've not done it to lose weight, though we both have lost a few pounds, but for the health benefits of giving your body a rest. The reality is that we in the West, eat too much, which isn't good for health - and has resulted in the rise of obesity, diabetes, etc. Two day a week fasting, leaving 5 days for eating much as you like, is far easier than calorie counting 7 days a week.
Michael
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

I'm maintaining for a while. Too much on at work so I thought I'd be sensible and step off until I get back into a routine.

Without trying I am successfully maintaining my loss and should still make that 3rd stone by the end of the year - I meant to do it by my birthday but, with 2 weeks to go, that isn't going to happen :-D

Good luck to everyone else giving it a whirl, for health or weight loss. I hope it is as good and easy for you as it has been for me over the last 18 months )t'
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

fabindia wrote:Mrs fab and I have stuck to it religiously for the past 11 months. It's not really about weight loss now, we lost a bit of weight initially, it's about giving your metabolism a rest twice a week from the excesses of our Western diet.

Looks like Mrs Fab and I have been on this diet for 2 years now (how time flies). It's been a bit of an experiment for me, and I can say I have not noticed any negative side-effects. This diet isn't really about losing weight, more about staying healthy, and keeping your blood sugar and cholesterol levels under control.

The fast days can be a bit hard but I genuinely look forward to them after a few days of normal eating.
Michael
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Have been a bit stop & go with this, so can't really say how much we've lost, but on an on&off basis about 9lbs in the last 2 months or so. We found we feel too full on normal days after a couple of fasts, so we've adjusted other meals down a bit as well. I'm too embarrassed to post on the 'determined to' thread as I'm embarrassed to say that I'm the heaviest I've ever been, but at least headed in the right direction now. I feel very much 'in control' on this diet.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Still sticking to it religiously. Didn't fast on Monday as was a Public Holiday, so did two consecutive days, Tuesday and Wednesday, which was a bit hard.

No ill effects, weight is extremely stable and fitness levels high even on non-fast days.
Michael
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Any one sticking with the fasting regime? 3 years on.

Post by fabindia »

Mrs Fab and I still are sticking with the so-called 5-2 diet. No ill effects and weight very stable. It can be a little hard of fast days but generally it is now just a part of our weekly routine.
Michael