A garden of birds.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
animartco
Lively Laner

A garden of birds.

Post by animartco »

Hi all. I had better re-introduce myself. I live 'down the lane' about 9miles down it, and down my own smaller lane. My ambition was to have a smallholding, but being on my own I found the idea of keeping mammals a bit too daunting, so stuck to poultry. This page will mainly be of reminiscences of all my beautiful birds, but currently I only have one remaining elderly pheasant, nine bantams and three chicks.
The chicks are rather lovely. (aren't they all?) Two of them are black and whitespeckled. one little cockerel I think, and one hen, and the other I am not sure of the s.ex. It is a more browny speckling on top and the feathers underneath are coming through a warm chestnut. Also there do seem to be some white feathers with black spangling beginning to poke through. Two of them have hairy legs with vulture hocks and the third, the little black and white hen is clean legged. She reminds me of a littlestriped bantie I had a couple of years ago with a twisted tail, although the three of them all seem good.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: A garden of birds.

Post by sandy »

Hello looking forward to reading your diary, any possiblitly of some pics too?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/