Wild animals deserve to be in the wild

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Wild animals deserve to be in the wild

Post by fabindia »

The beautiful island of Phuket draws holiday visitors from all four corners of the world. They come for the beauty that is Thailand, a country rich in natural biodiversity.

It saddens me to hear that rather than continue to strive and develop towards a sustainable and responsible future, Phuket is taking a step backwards by allowing a dolphin park (prison) to open on the island.

I have two sons who live on an island off Phuket, working for a diving company. So if people want to see sharks, turtles and a host of other marine life, the thing to do is to go snorkeling or diving in the marine park off the coast of Phuket. Yes, they dive for a living but at the same time the company they work puts a lot if effort into marine conservation, planting and looking after the corals, and cleaning up rubbish in the local harbor.

Please sign the petition at change.org. It may not stop it going ahead but it is the registration of a vote of disapproval.

https://www.change.org/p/phuket-tourism-board-stop-the-nemo-dolphinarium-in-phuket-thailand
Michael
barboo
Lively Laner

Re: Wild animals deserve to be in the wild

Post by barboo »

Hi,
I couldn't agree more, it really kills me when i see the elephants hunted and killed for their tusk but at least they're in the natural world they're supposed to be in, its so sad to see them in zoo's etc and the baby's standing over the mothers dead body crying "Yes they do have feelings just like any normal human, they feel hurt and lost in such times as this.

When it comes to the great ocean's/sea's of the world "we man" have managed to kill so much for no reason,
The japs fish by huge tankers and anything that gets in the way dies,
Dolphins 'once thought of as the sailors friends are again being killed and again for no better reason than money, Or some stupid idea the remains of certain animals helps you live longer or your s.ex life improves,
It like that daft idea of the eastern world that if for all your life you can fit into a size 3 shoe!!!! and then they wonder why they cant walk,
Oh at times man and his ideas are so so stupid.

Wales once again hunted so much we're not going to see them in the future "why" because they wont be there,
These ocean type creatures are use to vast space, Not somethin the size of a pool.
I agree with whats been said, leave the animals in the wild "but protect them" so they can live a natural life (Before its to late).
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Wild animals deserve to be in the wild

Post by kitla »

Signed!
Awful too about the dophin killing at Taiji, I understand that when their was a lot of
publicity about that a couple of years ago, there was uproar from a lot of young people
in Japan that hadn't known it was going on & were horrified about it. Reading this
petition I'm saddened to hear its still going on.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant