A differant sort of read,

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
barboo
Lively Laner

A differant sort of read,

Post by barboo »

Morning all, Here is a book about someone you may have seen on tv as she was one of the "Two fat ladies" Cookery team Clarissa Dickson wright.
And the books called "Spilling the beans".

The title sounds like its to do with gardening but you couldnt be further from the true, it's an Autobiography book about Clarissa and a very interesting and well educated lady she was,
Her father was a very famouse suregon who refused a night hood and he was a very strict and sometimes cruel husband and father,He operated on the rich and famouse such as "Saddam husien" and recieved property from him as well as a big purse for his skills,
Clarrise as a younger woman was a very different looking woman than the one who became the famous cook, she was a lot thinner and a good looking woman,
she was the first woman in legal terms to make the "Bar" .And was a fully qualified barrister.
Educated at Oxford,
She had vast wealth but drank it all away,
If you want a good bedtime read about a face you've seen but know very little about!
Then this books worth the read.
Well worth buying.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: A differant sort of read,

Post by sandy »

I love biographies though must admit I never seem to have any free time to read these days. I love reading the old stars books and really enjoyed Lauren Bacalls and Bette Davis but I will def try and make time for Paul OGradys
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
barboo
Lively Laner

Re: A differant sort of read,

Post by barboo »

sandy wrote:I love biographies though must admit I never seem to have any free time to read these days. I love reading the old stars books and really enjoyed Lauren Bacalls and Bette Davis but I will def try and make time for Paul OGradys

Hi Sandy,
You'll be pleased you did,
One bits about when he left home and stayed in rooms in the southern area,
that really is a laugh.
But he also tells of his first "male" relationship and how he found out he was gay,
Very moving part of the book and for the likes of myself and the area i was brought up in gay's or puffs as they we're known in those days we're not excepted and so i never got a chance to understand how or why people we're different.
Please Sandy return to reading and maybe get back on that train "with a book" and laugh until your hearts content. {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
You only pass this way once so enjoy it.