Poppy (my third job)

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
sandy
Legendary Laner

Poppy (my third job)

Post by sandy »

My third part time job is dog walking. Poppy is a King Charles Spaniel who is the cutest little girl. Last time I took a dog for a walk was my dog Silver when I was still at junior school! I am getting some good exercise as I am reluctant to let her off the lead yet so I run with her, phew! She dosent go out much so when we set out she gets so excited she seems like she is going to be sick, she hasn't been yet and after a few minutes we set off. I must get a photo of her with her puppy dog eyes {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Poppy (my third job)

Post by albertajune »

Good for you Sandy. It is doing both you and her well with plenty of exercise. Look forward to the pic of her. )like(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I love dog walking, friends in my village ask if I can take their dog out if they have to go out for the day. I don't do it on a regular basis, just as and when required. Yesterday I walked a poodle for an elderly lady who had to visit the hospital, and today I am walking a labradoodle for another friend who has to go to Leeds hospital for a check up.

Doing these odd jobs, (not really a job), puts some structure into my days. I can work my own activities and hobbies around it. I get a lot of pleasure from being out in the countryside with a happy dog. It is good for my own well being, giving me exercise and giving me time to think. Everyone wins.

Must go, time to take my little dog a bimble round the churchyard, he doesn't want to walk very far or fast, but he does enjoy a sniff around, and I can chat to people as we stroll. )grin2(
Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

My cousin took a holiday from thursday to monday, wanted someone to look after the shop/post office and stay the night in the house as no one would be home. Said I would do it as annual leave from other job and despite the 4.30 am and 8.00 pm finish wuld love to look after Poppy. Bless her had to stop her sleeping on the bed as she insisted on licking my feet! She still only gets walks when I take her so when we shut up early sunday i took her on a mammoth walk which really tired her out. We got caught in a bad rainstorm on saturday and when we got back she escaped into the living room before I could wipe her so a good 30 minutes cleaning up the sofa }hairout{ She is such a lovely girl i hated leaving her, bless we watched a programme about people getting over their phobia about birds and she went mental everytime a bird appeared. She even was growling at the donkeys on teh donkey sanctuary ad.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

4.30 am - don't know that time. What happens then?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire