4 Cockerels free to a good home

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
sarahdaly
Learner Laner

4 Cockerels free to a good home

Post by sarahdaly »

Hi,

I am desperate to rehome our 4 cockerels, they are 25 weeks old, we were given them by a local school who hatched out the eggs as a project.
They have out grown our back garden and we have also had 2 letters from the council complaining about them!!
We are happy to travel a reasonable distance to re home them. Hoping someone can help
Sarah in Cheshire

perchy

Re: 4 Cockerels free to a good home

Post by perchy »

Aww I am so sorry you are in a dilemma, and I really hope you can find some homes for them, do you have any rehoming rescues near you? that would take them all? I am sure you have explored this. I personally really do not like the school hatching projects, we hear so much about the males needing homes, and I doubt the children get to hear of their fate if not re-homed {cry}

I really do hope someone can help you with this )t'

I see you joined today, welcome to the lane )t'
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Here are a couple of sites that may be helpful. I suggest if you decide to advertise
them somewhere like preloved, ask a few £. Unfortunately there are some people that like free cockerels for bad reasons! good luck.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cockereltrader/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://luckyhensrescuenorthwest.weebly. ... -list.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Lynne
Lively Laner

Post by Lynne »

Hi. I have the same issue. I have 3 cockerels and need to re-home two. I advertised one on here but didn't have any luck unfortunately. I DID find someone on preloved in Nuneaton that takes in any type of chicken/cockerel. It's a rescue centre and they have 10 acres. It seems very good and I am thinking of taking at least two of mine over. It's not that close to me but it's worth it if they are going to have good homes. It might be worth investigating. Good luck.