Completely smitten!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Completely smitten!

Post by Gwenoakes »

Wow, Jem only just caught up with this, what a little monkey but just love the section for her to dig in. Really pleased that she hasnt eaten anything else though.

Teddy has a pool, it is a kiddies one, but is rigid plastic......but it is starting to split a little. It came in two halves, Teddy had one half and Dally our duck had the other. LOL You can get big dog pools I think Clare has seen them although I believe they are quite pricey.

That is a horrid story, MQ poor little soul.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks for your replies ladies! We do try to keep things out of reach - pretty much the whole house has been 'Lollified'! I stupidly forgot to move my phone - human error!

MQ, same here, I barely leave her alone. As I am not working, I am with her more or less 24/7. She does not get left alone very often and if she is then she is in a huge crate and not for long - enough for me to pop to the shops for example.

You're right about them being hard work but, as hard as it seems, I would not change her for the world!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Only just caught up with this thread Jemberelli, don't know how on earth I missed it, but so glad that Lollie is making a good recovery. We lost Nation in March after she swallowed a foreign object, and are vigilant with Angel in case she eats something she shouldn't. What a worry you must have had. I love the photo with the hosepipe!

Best wishes to you and Lollie.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Aww thank you Spreckly {hug} i have followed your trials & tribulations and was very sorry to hear about Nation but am equally delighted go see how well Angel has settled in - she looks like a little darling!

Today's latest is that hubby has covered half of the lawn in grass protection mesh - other half to be done tomorrow. Once the grass grows it will be covered and will stop her from digging holes >fi< Will )piicy( after tea x
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Is the mesh working, Jem?
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

So far but there is one area where she had eaten an egg, kept licking etc and chewed her way through the mesh }hairout{ Patching job needed!

Just need the grass to cover it all up nicely - looks shocking at the moment!!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry, Jem but could not help {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

Also, do you have any piccies? {rofwl}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Piccies of our meshed field of a garden, as per your request Gwen! You can see the vulnerable spots that need patching or covering - they have plant pots etc on top of them! The garden is so uneven it was difficult to cover it properly but it will have to do - if it stops her killing herself, it'll do me!

The wheelbarrow is on top of the digging pit - she has dug into the wall sides and started getting stones out of the soil! Needs to be emptied & lined somehow - it is never ending }hairout{ Good job we love her {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well, started Lollie on her raw food diet this week and so far she is loving it! I know I am meant to introduce different meats slowly but she has had a few different ones so far and has only turned her nose up at kidney so will chop it small and mix in with mince to begin with I think. She loves the tripe mince but it made me retch badly yesterday - think it will take me a while go get used to that stinky stuff )loo( I ordered far too much stuff and have no room in the freezer at all - will have to be more sensible next time as I don't have room for the box of chicken backs that the local farm shop can get for me }hairout{ Lollie hasn't been this excited about her food in quite some time so I am really glad we (I!) did it )t'
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

What a little monkey re the digging place. What is it they say, 'Where there is a will, there is a way?'

I am glad she is enjoying her raw food, know exactly what you mean about the 'stinky' tripe though. LOL Psssst, you will get used to it.......promise. LOL
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Quick update on Little Miss Lollie! She came into her first season in August/September and turned into stroppy, hormonal, disobedient dog! She turned her nose up at all raw food and 'forgot' all of her training - recall in particular. The last few weeks have been awful and after a couple of bed wetting incidents I took her for a health check today. Thank goodness I did - she is now on medication for a phantom pregnancy, poor little mite! We go back next Tuesday and hopefully all will be well and we can book her in to be spayed. I feel awful for not taking her sooner but, as a first time dog owner I suppose I can't know it all straight away. It certainly explains a lot - hindsight is a wonderful thing! Looking forward to her being fit and well for her first birthday on 14 November >ck< {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Dont beat yourself up, Jem. You cant know everything and hopefully like you say she will be back to normal in no time, bless her.

We had a Yorkie years ago that had a phantom pregnancy, her tummy got larger and larger and she carried round a very small teddy constantly, then started to produce milk and I wasnt a first time dog owner, but did miss it, so not on your own there.

Hugs to you and Lollie. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Gwen {hug} I had remarked to hubby a few times that her nipples were much larger but just thought that, having had her first season, she was now 'grown up' and her 'bits' had changed accordingly! I never in a million years imagined a phantom pregnancy {rofwl} (no lactating that I have seen though)
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope Lollie settles down soon. All my bitches seemed more animal-like before and during their seasons, can't think of any other way to describe it.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

We can only do our best, Jem. {hug}