24 Stitches later

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

24 Stitches later

Post by Gwenoakes »

and 3 internal ones, Bella our Staffie is home again.

They took both lumps off and also a third one which was near the big one on her side. They found this when they shaved her fur off.

We took her in for 9a.m. and picked her up at 7.30p.m. last night. She has had a really good night, has eaten some boiled chicken and taken her antibiotics and Metacam this morning along with more chicken. We have some Tramadol only to be used if she gets up tight/disorientated which she hasnt needed as yet. She is obviously sore and stiff, but am really pleased with the way things have gone. Apparently they gave her more intravenous fluid this time which seems to have helped, along with more time to rest before the 1 hour journey home, so all good. )t'

She goes back in on Tues evening for a post op check and stitches out in approx 10/14 days. No walking, no jumping up on settee until after stitches out. The bill was £837, but would pay double that if she is OK. Will know the results of the biopsy within next 2 weeks.

I stayed up with her last night and will again tonight. We had three trips out for a wee during the night, so good job I did.
perchy

Re: 24 Stitches later

Post by perchy »

Aww bless her, am so glad she is ok at the moment, and with you looking after her I am sure she will make a full recovery from this, hope the tests are good results, sending her a {hug} and you too {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

All sounds good. I am glad they did the whole lot in one.
>fi< that the tests have a good outcome.
Poor Bella give her a gentle {hug} from me.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

So glad it went well and that Bella seems to be ok. Such a worry for you {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Sara

Post by Sara »

Lots of very gentle {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks everyone and {hug} back to you for being so nice. {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

For good girl Bella {hug&kiss} and for you {hug} {hug} Hope she makes a very speedy recovery.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ahh bless you both, big {hug} {hug} from Lollie & I xxx
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

{hug} {hug&kiss} {hug} to Bella
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Awww bless her {hug}

How has she been today Gwen?
Keeping everything crossed for the results >fi<

And for you because I bet you need some {hug} {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Now I have had a good look at the incision lines there are 34 stitches not 24. 11 on her leg and the rest round her tummy/back.

So far so good, she is still eating the chicken also some white boiled fish too along with 2 scrambled eggs this morning. Only giving a little four times a day. She is still weeing and done the other this a.m., all be it not a lot, but everything looks to be in full working order. )t'

She is managing to lay on the side with the stitches it, it is her favourite side when laying down and had a really good night, so I am off to my own bed tonight. Seems a long while since I was there. No redness/swelling/soreness/seeping at incision lines so am pleased and she hasnt once gone to lick them either, not that I have seen, anyway. She is a good girl for her Mummy, bless her.

Dont know what she will make of the post op appt on Tues, but am going to take some boiled chicken with me and see if that will help as the cheese doesnt. I can but live in hope.

Thanks for your kindness and messages they are really appreciated. {hug} Clare is going to take some piccies of her side and leg and hopefully Sarah will put up for me on Weds when she comes, just so you can all see the gory details you understand. LOL
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Glad to hear that the op is over, and sending best wishes for the Tuesday follow up. {hug}
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

I think your all that Bella needs to a full recovery Gwen, you've done wonders so far!, glad all has gone well for her )t' {hug}
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks everyone once again for your good wishes. {hug}

Hi, SB hows you diddling? Any news of a date for the knee op yet? Hope you are keeping well and still doing what Jan says. LOL

Have put the above on this thread because puter still playing up and I guess if I go to another thread it will cut me off ........... dead.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well, post op visit went 'quite' well and have to report that the chicken did not work, but she did take some when safely back in the car. She is absolutely petrified now and it really breaks my heart to see her like it. We have to go back next Tues for some of the stitches to be taken out then obviously back again for the remainder, so more fear for her.

On the upside we walked in waiting room and were took in straight away, this was after walking her round outside for a while. The incision lines are healing really well and vet said that he was pleasantly surprised as he had expected more fluid retention......they dont leave a drain in an older dog apparently.

She has been playing with her toys the last two days, rolling on her back yike* and managed to jump up on one of the settees yesterday, so I have turned one round and blockaded the other one........I think. Time will tell me thinks. LOL