Formula One

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Formula One

Post by sandy »

Well you were right, cracking race (only managed to get to see it very late last night) also loved the take on The Italian JOb. Hoping to catch up on Singapore this week, really why do people think it is okay to come and visit gp weekends }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Still not seen Singapore but had to watch the race yesterday, live ones are always the best. Such a shame most of it was behind a safety car and poor Jensen couldn't get the chance to shine as he usually does in the rain. Gobsmacked Seb is leaving Red Bull! Of course the day ended sadly with Bianchi's horrible crash, lets hope he is okay. Have already cleared my sunday next week, love it when no clear championship leader and nice to see how polite the Japanese people were not to boo poor old Nico
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Hazell. what did you think of the Russian GP? NIco was so unlucky that move on the first corner didn't pay off. I enjoyed what we saw of it, still worried Jensen is not going to be racing next year

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Well it's been three pretty interesting weeks in F1.

Mercedes can't fail to have a Champion Driver and already hold their first Team Championship. Cash problems pile up, drivers teeter on the unemployment heap and team bosses bemoan "unfairness" in financial dealings.

Out of interest I had a quick glance over the team press conference before the last GP. It made a very good watch. One journalist asked if Mercedes would give up their (estimated) £35m FIA handout that arrives even before the cars turn a wheel on track. Force India, etc. get about £2 or 3 million by my guess. Quite a difference.
Toto Wolff, Merc boss, said no.

Mean of him?
Well, if you were sitting in a house you'd paid for by your own sweat and tears and a neighbour was about to be thrown out of his smaller house because he'd fallen behind with his mortgage, would you be happy with the bank telling you to pay it for him? Thought not :-D

Unsporting of him?
Yes. But he is paid to win .......

I've also had a quick look at Toto Wolff's personal finances. Wow, they're impressive. He's not only pretty much the epitome of tall dark and handsome, he's approaching a billionaire thanks to owning fat chunks of Mercedes (the car maker), Mercedes AMG (the supercar maker), Mercedes F1 (you get the picture), Williams F1 (his wife wanted a part time job, so he bought some of the company) and a vast array of managerial/sports promotion firms and so on. He's only 42.

Seriously can't decide if we'll have 14 cars on the grid next year, if we'll have 22 rubbish cheap cars, if I want to throw rotting fruit at Toto Wolff or if I want to marry him {rofwl}

Whatever happens, Nico the chicken has taken a turn for the worst and Nico Rosberg's second in the Championship is now looking disappointing.

Sandy, over to you mate )wav(
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Big week indeed.

Feeling sorry for Jenson Button, but ex-World Champion, maybe time to sit back and spend his moneylike Eddie Ervine :-D :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Richard wrote:.... spend his moneylike Eddie Ervine :-D :-D

Richard

Irvine blew his cash within months and spoiled everything for himself. yike*
Let's hope Button's not that daft.
@Sheldonatsov
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Just read that Red Bull boss Christian Horner has gotten himself engaged to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.
While I wish him all the luck possible - he knows both Robbie Williams and Russell Brand left her claiming she was "nuts", right? {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Hazell and Richard , well still not seen the last two races but obviously I know the points situation. I will keep them for the barren months. I am ensuring I do get to see sundays finale, come hell or highwater. I am also of course behind on all this news, so thanks Hazell. Spooky I picked up My Championship Year in an old book shop by Jensen a few weeks ago, oh I am going to miss him. Cannot believe he dosent have a drive, he is not exactly a slouch is he? Blimey Eddie Irvine, now thats a blast from the past, I did feel sorry for him being teamed with Michael on his super duper winning streak. I know this is disloyal but why is it I want Nico to win? And of course Nico the hennie to get better. Sure there will be an aftermath show on after sunday, so looking forward to a good catch up and a debate on here when I am fully 'Jenned' up. Heres hoping it is going to be a fight to the finish

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I was so looking forward to todays race but so disappointed. We didn't get that championship race to the finish I was really hoping for did we? Good news is at least Jensen is not definetly without a drive next year unlike Sutil who has always tried but never really had a decent car. Big bugbear who the hell thought a close up of Nico was an informative shot? You could see nothing else so what was the point? Nice to see Martin Brundle, loved him when he was part of the terrestial team can we not swap him for Eddie? Not loving feeling so old, Jean Alesi has certainly been having a bit of past and I didn;t even recognise Gerhard Berger.
I shall be treating myself to an autosport this week as I dont feel like I have really digested the race properly yet if that makes sense.
Roll on March 15th

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote: Big bugbear who the hell thought a close up of Nico was an informative shot? Roll on March 15th

They wanted to film him crying. So not nice and far too personal IMO. Luckily it did fail and as you said, we couldn't see him or anything properly anyhow.

Can we swap Martin Brundle for Eddie Jordan you ask. Well no, that's just an unfair swap {rofwl}
We could swap Jordan for a muddly stick.

Took a massive double chocolate and fresh cream cake to friend Rob's for the F1 today. We call it the Commiseration/Congratulation Cake as I get it made by a baker I know every year. It's rich enough to make anyone feel sick, so I ended up doubly nauseous! :-D

One of Rob's grooms appeared and dared to say something mean about Nico Rosberg, then vanished to shovel poop outside rather than face my withering look. I think she may possibly have overtaken Rosberg with the speed she exited {rofwl}

None of us in the room got our wishes for the race (which ranged from targeted lightening strikes to Toto Wolff getting his kit off to celebrate his team's success) but I did win one side bet on the length of a pitstop and therefore don't have to school a horse for Rob over jumps. A blessed relief for all concerned, especially as the horse concerned was standing outside tacked up ......

Yes, roll on March.
@Sheldonatsov
Richard

Post by Richard »

Any excuse for cream cake :-D :-D

Maybe Jenson will get a ride in a smaller team and take a pay cut - he can afford it.
Lot loads of time for him, great Sportsman and nice bloke.

Let's hope that Lewis and Nicole sort themselves out and settle down a bit now, it's been quite a lifestyle for them both over the years; they split, get back together again - must be made for each other!

But racing wise, what a good season - let's bang this stupid double points thing on the head though - The Powers to Be will probably say it was that decision which made for a better race yesterday, but..........!!

Oh well, Saints on TV tonight )t'

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hazell I just dont get the attraction of Toto but I certainly do a lovely >ck< . My god daughter has just had her 3 years old sons ears pierced with fake diamonds(I know yike* ) and bought him a baseball cap so he looks like a total mini Lewis!
Speak to you and Richard on here pre March I am sure when the teams finally get themselves sorted out and settled.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Love your pm Hazell {rofwl}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

HURRAY more Jenson next year, best news I have had for ages )like( Happy belated birthday for the 13th Hazell.And well done Lewis on he sportsman award

Richard

Post by Richard »

Great news.

Great race in Abu Dhabi and his position gave the Team a few extra million !

Richard )t'