Birthday Girl

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Birthday Girl

Post by jemberelli »

Lollie is one today - no idea where the time has gone!! We are now thinking about getting a rescue as a companion for her - not sure if I am mad or not!

No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
perchy

Re: Birthday Girl

Post by perchy »

Aww my goodness, what a beauty, Happy Birthday Lollie {hug}

Definitely not mad, there are so many rescue's needing good homes {hug&kiss}
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Happy Birthday for yesterday Lollie. you are a very pretty lady. Tried to post this yesterday, Jemberelli on kindle but it kept changing Lollies name to Lilly so belated birthday wishes for her.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Aww, lovely pics, happy belated birthday Lollie!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Aww thank you ladies {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

A belated happy birthday Lollie. You were the sweetest puppy and now a beautiful girl. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Belated happy birthday, Lollie. Its amazing how they grow so quickly. She looks lovely, Jem, she really does.

I am not answering the getting a rescue for her either. LOL
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Gosh hasn't the time flown past. Lollie is a year younger than Angel, who had her second birthday last week.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

It certainly has flown Spreckly, in the middle of January we will have had her at home for a year - no idea where the time goes! We have asked the managing agents to ask the landlady whether she would let us have another dog. If so, we will keep an eye up at the Dog's Trust. If not, we will hang fire as we are hoping to buy somewhere within the next year, all being well with finances etc. >fi< I think it will do Lollie the world of good to have a companion instead of it all being human contact. She is getting insistent for play time constantly and I don't seem to get any down time at all and she is getting nippy to attract my attention - not good! I seem to have raised a diva :oops:
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Have you thought about scent training, Jem to keep her mind occupied. It also does them good to work long and low too.

Teddy just loves it and is very good. Clare bought some small new toys, put them in a tin with an open packet of cat nip and uses those. They put the toy, out of sight of Teddy, in several cardboard boxes and then he is allowed in the room to find them and his reward is a little play with the toy.

Clare has started doing it at home too, apparently when they are really good they get to sniff out a piece of paper about 1" square that is placed in boxes.

I think it is as much about the mental stimulation as the physical with any animal. Think about having a go at it and let me know how you get on please.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ooh that sounds interesting Gwen, i will certainly look into that and get going with it. Will keep you posted, thanks for the idea!