We went to fetch two bunnies from the RSPCA...

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Jon
Learner Laner

We went to fetch two bunnies from the RSPCA...

Post by Jon »

Well, we got the bunnies which are very sweet. They have a wooden wendy house (like a palace inside there, opening windows and all sorts now) and large pipe that connects to a 2.4 x 2.4m run outside - has taken me some time to build under strict instructions ;)

On the search for mean Tom cat to keep the rats down, we also somehow came home with two kittens as well. One looked identical to my old cat (black and white, long haired beast) and his little stripey sister, well, too sweet to leave behind really. I was also impressed with her cotton mouse killing skills at eight weeks old. SO she came too.

Will post some pics soon. Menagerie is growing... )t'
Keep warm - burn wood...no central heating here!
perchy

Re: We went to fetch two bunnies from the RSPCA...

Post by perchy »

Goodness me you certainly did have a good time at the RSPCA, looking forward to some pics )t'
Jon
Learner Laner

Post by Jon »

We did! :-D

They all seem right at home already. :-D
perchy

Post by perchy »

Oh my goodness sooooo cute {hug} )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Adorable!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Nothing will be safe from those tigers.
Will you still be taking the other cat too?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

They are sooooooooooooooo cute, cracking good piccies too Jon.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

4 beautiful additions to your family. They are absolutely adorable and good on you for giving them a home. )like(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Jon
Learner Laner

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the comments :)

I didn't take the pics, my fiancé did, she has taken better ones today!

I have (still) been like Bob the Builder out there all weekend but all is finished now. Bunnies are binkying around, seem pretty happy which makes it worth it.

I can't take the older cat now, I was too worried about my existing cat really tbh. She is such a softie that I think two kittens will be terrifying enough for her to deal with. Same reason I didn't get the ferals in the end. She will HAVE to cope with two kittens though! Needs must.

Rats are a bloomin' nightmare out there, despite council man leaving traps out (blocks, not seed, due to free ranging chickens) I found new burrows and holes the size of a tennis ball in the ground again today. Actually slightly concerned tonight. I have had to mesh up all inside the chicken shed a few days back and they cannot get in there now as far as I know, but it still concerns me. Basically, rat faeces carries salmonella which you can get via the eggs, so that is also a concern.

Good news is these kittens are very bold and active which is good. He was the biggest of the litter and she was the smallest but the only girl, so both should hunt well. Most of the time she is beating on him, so she is not shy. >fi<
Bad news is that will not be for a while yet and, short of buying an airgun and doing a stakeout, I am running out of options in the short term. Talking of which, time my old cat went and did her rounds... )w(
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes the resident animals have to come first, hope she trains them up.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Hi There,
Good on you for rescuing the kittens and rabbits they are lovely, If you have had rat poison put down recently ensure the cats don,t eat any vermin as they could die, find out how long before it is safe to let them hunt,also for the rabbits if they free range.

Maggie
manda

Post by manda »

Seriously cute ...and hopefully deadly at the same time for all rats and mice..we have 6 cats and rarely see either rats or mice... alive anyway. Except for the one that ate through several packs of yoghurt mix in the pantry }hairout{ ...rum and raisin chocolate and a quick snap sorted that one though....we live rurally though so they're just one of those things.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Jon
Learner Laner

Post by Jon »

Thanks, my old cat never eats them, she just chews their heads off for some reason. I hate using poison tbh because I know rat poison kills a lot of owls across the UK, and we have a number of Little Owls round here as well as the odd visitor, a lot of buzzards also live here as well as the odd sparrowhawk and kestrels etc... poison is a last resort but its just got really bad this year for some reason. The rats migrate in every year about this time and this year they have brought an entire army with them...
We are sort of semi-rural where we are, surrounded by fields in every direction, but not far from civilisation really. Looking to move out further at some point in the future, maybe Devon.
Little black and white kitten is super friendly, he has a purr like a motor engine already.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Oh, they are all soooo cute.

We have barns round us that have corn in them and I like you do not like using poison but if we didnt we would be over run totally with the rats and mice, so needs must I am afraid.

The chap who came out here originally did say that cats would have to eat an awful lot of mice that had been poisoned for it to affect them and ours have been fine so far over the last few years.