A Hunters cake...

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
manda

A Hunters cake...

Post by manda »

I was asked to make a cake for a guy who is into hunting...so

I enjoyed making this one..I like doing cakes like this because I try to learn something everytime I do them..this time I learnt that if you make your own piping gel you make sure you put enough setting agent (gelatine) in there for it to actually fully set...that water moved and I had to do a repair this morning (and created a little rock pool on the side of the cake that looked like it was meant to be there ...which is not in this picture {rofwl} )
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: A Hunters cake...

Post by mrs boodles »

Wow, Manda your cakes are amazing
manda

Post by manda »

Thank you Mrs Boo..I love making them (it's the only time I can't be interrupted by everyone )grin2( )
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Another WOW Manda! )like(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

)like( Manda, you have such a talent for decorating cakes. I bet you find it very therapeutic to be able to sit and be so creative.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Wonderful cake Manda )like(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

Brilliant you are so clever )t'
manda

Post by manda »

albertajune wrote:)like( Manda, you have such a talent for decorating cakes. I bet you find it very therapeutic to be able to sit and be so creative.

Thank you June it's actually the one thing that's keeping me sane at the moment...I've been off work for some time now - I was told last week I've got a prolapsed disc in my neck and another one being compressed by the prolapse - I'm hopefully having surgery before Christmas if not soon after ...so I've not been able to do much...but I can still do these so it's been good to keep me occupied and when I'm doing them all my attention is focused on the cake which is good. Doing them relaxes me.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Cake is Beautiful, get better soon Manda x
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
manda

Post by manda »

Thank you Bev...hopefully be all good once they've operated :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda