Completely smitten!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Completely smitten!

Post by jemberelli »

We took her to the vets on Tuesday and she was very happy with her. I mentioned that she has not been eating meals and so we decided to do blood tests just to rule anything nasty out - all clear. She is still not eating - I am starting to think that she is just playing us because she is happy to have a treat or try to eat our food so we are being very strict. If she is hungry enough she will eat, hopefully! All being well, we can ring back end of next week to book her in to be spayed and we won't have to worry about phantom pregnancies and raging hormones any more! >fi<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

We found out yesterday that we have got permission from our landlady to have another dog so today we went to the Dogs' Trust to have a peek. Oh how heartbreaking it was {cry} Anyway, long story short, we took a lovely little Westie X for a walk then introduced him to Lollie by taking them for a little walk and then letting them off the lead in the training room for a bit of a play. They got on really well though the little one was obviously a bit overwhelmed! He is 3 years old, has been there for a month after being picked up as a stray. We are gojng back to see him with Lollie on Saturday and will see where we go from there :-D He is a little cutie with a bald patch on the top of his head where they think he might have been bitten. Will post some piccies when I get some. Never thought we would end up with such a dinky little dog but hopefully he will be a great addition to our family {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

How lovely of you to give the little dog a home, hope it all works out for you.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Spreckly! Lollie was spayed yesterday so last night was spent with a whimpering, very dopey puppy dog. She just did not know what to do with herself. She took herself up to bed quite early in the evening then came back down when she had had enough of her own company. She went to bed with me but I was awake all night (terrible insomnia) and just as I was starting to feel sleepy she decided that 4.30am was her getting up time }hairout{ Oh well, here I am at 5.30 with the first cuppa of the day watching a wide-awake Lollie chew a rope toy to bits! Will try to give her the first tablet soon as yesterday's injection must be wearing off. She has been hit much harder by the anesthaetic then when she had her stomach & colon opened up but at least the scar is a lot smaller. Short lead-only walks for 3 weeks - she is going to be so unimpressed! I think that we should hold off bringing the rescue dog home until she is back to normal - no way will she not jump about with a new dog in the house!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Aww, bless her and you, Jem. {hug}

I know all about the being up at night with our doggie friends, sometimes think it is worse for us humans than them.

You have made the right decision to hold off with the other dog for now until she is completely back to herself. Good luck with the tablets too.

Teddy has days when he doesnt eat much at all and then days when he eats everything given to him. We have never known a dog like him tbh as EVERYTHING he eats food wise he chews and chews and chews, so small risk of bloat we are thinking. )t'

Gentle hugs to Lollie and you. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well, Lollie has got to the stage where she thinks everything is fine and can't understand why she isn't getting run abouts and more active playing! Other than her being frustrated, all is well with her stitches etc - back at vets for post-op check on Monday.

We went to the Dogs' Trust on Saturday and found out that the little Westie we were interested in has hip problems and, after much soul searching and chatting to the (very rude) member of staff (with an appalling attitude!) we decided not to take him. It was a hard decision and I do feel bad but we have to do what is right for us, for him and for Lollie. We will keep going back until we find the right dog for us.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Tomorrow we are taking this little diva for an agility taster session! I am hoping that she enjoys it even if we decide it's not for us. Will update tomorrow evening on how it goes - should be interesting! Will try to get some pics too )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Hope it goes well )like(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Poor Lollie has had an upset tummy since the early hours so that plus my lack of sleep meant that we did not get to the agility taster. Am hoping that it is the weather that is making Lollie how she is but to make sure she will be having chicken and rice for tea tonight - nice & plain! We are both cuddled up on the settee with a blanket (my fibro is making me cold even though the sun is out and the house is so hot we have a fan on }hairout{ ). Hopefully we will get to the next taster >fi<
wendy

Post by wendy »

>fi<
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning