LL's Frugal 2014

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: LL's Frugal 2014

Post by mrs boodles »

Oh my goodness 'LL I didn't mean to upset you, that wasn't my intention at all. If l have I am so sorry {hug}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

mrs boodles wrote:Oh my goodness 'LL I didn't mean to upset you, that wasn't my intention at all. If l have I am so sorry {hug}

ditto
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Keep your chin up LL. I think you've done an amazing job on a tough budget with getting the Spice Girls and the White Ladies up and running, and the return on your allotment has been great too. And as for finances, you do what you can do and make the decisions that seem best for you at the time with the information you have to hand. I hope this new arrangement gives you a bit of breathing space and takes the pressure off - having worked with someone who had got into terrible financial difficulties, it's the stress and the worry that's the worst I think.

I have really admired your ingenuity through reading your chicken and allotment diaries. I hope your employer soon realises they have a talented and skilled person on their hands that they should be rewarding better and if they don't -well, get your CV updated and keep your eyes open.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I'm glad I'm not the only one you had a go at, LL. I don't think any of us were mocking you, in fact it sounds as if you are mocking me for never having any debt. I am in this position not because I am fortunate, but because I have never bought anything that I couldn't afford to pay for.

I am sorry that you are upset, I think everyone was trying to support you. May I suggest that as your financial difficulties have been going on for a long time it might be worth contacting an experienced adviser. Everyone speaks highly of Stepchange on the MSE forum, they are a charity so there are no charges for advice. Bite my head off for daring to suggest this if you like, but you have nothing to lose by talking to them.
http://www.stepchange.org/
Another one is Christians Against Poverty. A charity with no charge.
https://www.capuk.org/
I hope this is helpful. Good luck.
Ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I was feeling a bit down the other day (I've had some sad news recently plus at this time of year I'm always a bit of bah humbug) and felt a bit put out. There's no need for anyone to apologise and I know you were all trying to be encouraging and helpful, I'm sorry >veg5<

After all my whingeing about the lack of regrade, I actually got some good news at work last night which cheered me up no end - not only has it finally come through and I'm now officially on the new grade )c( , but it has been back-dated to 1st September (we get paid on the 22nd of the month) and will be in my December salary! >ck< What with the £5 voucher from the lovely Richard, sorting out the finances, my girls laying well (sadly, no golden ones but wouldn't that be great LOL) and contributing to the funds ... all in a space of a few days, I wonder if my streak of good luck would last long enough if I got a lottery ticket? :oops:

EDIT: forgot to mention I also got a Christmas card from a friend to whom I send all our glass blowing repairs and new requirements from work, and inside is a B&Q voucher ... in the past this has been about £10 as a thank you for putting the work in his direction {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

)t' {hug} Great stuff, long may the good luck continue!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell