Think it might be kismet .....

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Think it might be kismet .....

Post by HazellB »

For quite few weeks I've been stumbling across one specific horse for sale on Preloved. I don't especially need another horse, but I do often go to Preloved to see if anyone's advertising as a private seller when they're a dealer (I hate cheats and report them as they tend to be very dodgy dealers) and just to see if any horse takes my fancy.

This one mare just kept popping into my line of sight.
The only thing stopping me buying her was distance - she's miles away from myself and further from my mate Rob who would offer a second opinion and collect her for me. Daylight is in short supply - I've not had time to travel and see the horse, plain and simple.

Finally, a few minutes ago I though "why not?" and called about the mare. After all, the best two horses I ever owned where bought from pitch black stables in midwinter.
"Sorry" the young man selling her said "She's no longer for sale. I put her in York Sales tomorrow with just a grand reserve"

Normally this would be the end of my plan, as tomorrow I was going to go to my shop and Rob's working.
However, my shop's at York Auction Centre (where they have the horse sales) and Rob works for the Sales auctioneers. He's even using his horse wagon to get there as his car's off the road.

Kismet!
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Think it might be kismet .....

Post by Mo »

Let us know how it goes.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well everything has fallen in line, so I hope it is a happy result for Kismet
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Good luck today Hazel. )t'
My heart skipped a beat when I started reading this as I had a beautiful grey mare called Kismet when I was growing up ..then realised I was being silly as she would be in her 50's now and Kismet wasn't this horse's name anyway. :oops: Funny how the mind works isn't it. :?
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Got her :-D

The grand reserve went out of the window too, as I stopped bidding the second a dealer against me stopped and refused to be taken any higher by reserve alone. Paid 820 guineas (£861) for her. She's at Rob's now as daylight was fading and I think it's mean to introduce somebody new to an established herd after tea is served. Far safer for everyone when they're all a bit hungry and liable to settle down to graze faster, rather than boot each other to bits. She can enjoy his large stables until he has time to bring her to my place, though as he suggested turning her out with his big stallion I think I may have to kidnap her back {rofwl}

She's called Honey Bee by the way. I refuse point blank to stand on my yard calling "Honey, Honey" when I want her, so that will change ASAP :-D

Going horse trailer shopping next ..... as I spent so little on the horse {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

You must be feeling very excited, Hazel. Hope she settles once she is in her new home.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Merry Christmas Kismet )x3(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Great news, look forward to seeing a photo of whatever she ends up being called! Kismet indeed )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
hazelherts
Learner Laner

Post by hazelherts »

Lovely story with a happy ending. Can understand you wanting to change her name, seems to me that the only name, after the story you have told, she must be called Kismet!!
)wav(