Dismayed

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Carole
Lively Laner

Re: Dismayed

Post by Carole »

Your right cat's are a free spirit the youngest of my 4 followed my daughter from the bus one day came in the cat flap and never left 8yrs later Roger the lodger as we call him still here :-D
If i hadn't hadn't had Ray neutered i'm in no doubt he would still be coming here every day so in a way i shot myself in the foot if you get my meaning. I don't want to steal him, iv'e had a cat go missing and know how it feels,i want to do the best for him and yes if i'm honest i did become very fond of him.I feel like i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

As a teenager we had a cat who liked company. We could tell by the smell of his fur where he'd been (perfume or fags). He got the cheapest tin food - we weren't well off - but our neighbour opened tins of chicken breasts for him, that was all he would eat! Once or twice he stayed away and we stuck notices on telegraph poles, and had people knocking "we've got your cat, he just walked in" - but he did it once too often and was found nearly a mile away looking lost and bedraggled.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Carole
Lively Laner

Post by Carole »

Just been speaking to a lady who also feeds Ray,turn's out he's homeless belonged to an old lady who passed away a couple of years ago. Haven't seen him today but i will certainly track him down now. The lady i spoke to doesn't want him so my conscience is clear, this is turning into a combined effort and i'm so relieved. :-D :-D
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

That's great news! (Well not great that Ray is homeless but great that it leaves you totally clear to have him).

I hope you track him down :-D :-D
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yay go for it. Soon one little cat's life will improve beyond measure. )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Carole
Lively Laner

Post by Carole »

I'm so happy i can't tell you, when i catch him should i still cage him if so how long for? My first job will be to de-flea him,and give him one huge love,thank you so much for reading my ramblings, going out again later armed with some juicy cat food :-D
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

good luck, I hope you can find him & bring him "home" soon. >fi< {hug}
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Hi. Will you de flea him because he has fleas, or as a precaution? You could cage him for 24 hours until the treatment takes effect, and your other cats get to know him. After that best to keep him in one room, careful with opening and closing doors in case he wants to do a runner. Then let him into a second room and so on, monitoring how your other cats react to him. He should stay indoors for three weeks until he gets to know his territory, and knows where the food is.
Ilona
Carole
Lively Laner

Post by Carole »

Hi all,when i catch Ray as he's been living rough i'll flea him as a precaution, but saying that my 4 cat's are done every month as a routine not that they like it lol
Iv'e been on my allotment today so no searching for Raymondo, i shall resume in the morning,also shall fetch cage so it will be ready for him,thank you all for replies :-D
Carole
Lively Laner

Post by Carole »

Still no sign of Ray but i'm sure i'll find him eventually,always the way when your desperate to find something you can't. The cage is ready for him and so am i,flea drops at the ready lol.Hopefully next post will be good news.
wendy

Post by wendy »

)t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Poor little fellow, living rough since his owner died. I bet his poor owner would be so dismayed, and so grateful to you for looking after their cat.

I hope you find him soon, he deserves another chance at a happy home life. )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Carole
Lively Laner

Post by Carole »

:-D :-D :-D Ray is here at last,spoke to the lady who knew him and he was there in her garden. I came back home and went back with the carrier and now he's here. He's been flead had some food and now he's on the kitchen chair having a wash. The cat flap is locked so he's safe. He's sneezing like mad but apart from that seems ok a visit to the vet may be called for,think he needs a decongestant like last time.Anyway i'm so relieved he's safe and in the warm,thank you for all your interest, i'll keep you posted, Carole.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's great news Carole, one less for the rescue. You are kind to give him a home. Well done.
Ilona
Carole
Lively Laner

Post by Carole »

Thank you just got to hang on to him now lol made app at vet's for tomorrow night get him sorted.He's asleep at moment bless him sounds like he's permantly snoring.He's eat like a horse so nothing wrong with his appetite lol Carole.