Green Woodpecker

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Green Woodpecker

Post by Gwenoakes »

This morning I looked out the window onto the lawn and thought I saw a Woodpecker, but I had to look a few times as it was tugging away at most likely a worm. I think the fact that it wasnt up a tree tapping away was the reason I didnt quite believe what I was seeing. For some reason I had never thought of WP's doing that.........
tosca100
Lively Laner

Re: Green Woodpecker

Post by tosca100 »

They are lovely aren't they? We have them here, you often see them on the ground. You will be more aware next time so get that camera ready. :-D
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

They are lovely Gwen, real diggers !!

I haven't seen one this winter yet, just two Great Spotted's who visit three or four times a day.

Just doing my Birdwatch count !

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

There's a woodpecker in the trees behind our house - I've heard him every morning when I let the dog out for the last week.

This morning he was sat in the middle of the garden - I've never seen one so close before, such comical looking birds )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway