Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by mrs boodles »

Well done Perchy, I started my diet a week ago and I am having my weigh in on Mondays. Eaten more fruit this week than have done for ages.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Mrs B, if you've lost weight and eaten more than normal I'm going to be sooooo cross!

Well done, Perchy, for being so restrained.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Freeranger wrote:Mrs B, if you've lost weight and eaten more than normal I'm going to be sooooo cross!

Well done, Perchy, for being so restrained.

To be honest as there were loads of choices it was easy to do the red and green days we did have lovely puddings but as we walked miles and miles I think that made up for it, I will still weigh in on Sunday as that is the day for me )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

mrs boodles wrote:Well done Perchy, I started my diet a week ago and I am having my weigh in on Mondays. Eaten more fruit this week than have done for ages.

Well done Mrs B, I love slimming world, your plate looks really full and you can fill up on free foods, and you can have syns each day if you want to, have a look on the web they usually have free recipes and they are not things that you wouldn't normally have so shopping is just as easy, I suppose we all do different diets, I am useless at calorie counting and this doesn't count calories so good for me )t'

[b]Just seen you have joined weight watchers[/b] >dum< hope it is good for you
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Good morning, weighed myself when I got up and have lost 4lbs, pleased with that.

Perchy, I went to slimming world some years ago and did lose weight but I didn`t particulary enjoy it. I lost weight with weight watchers as well and felt more comfortable with the points system. Living where I do now, it would mean a trip into Cheltenham for a meeting and its a bit far for me so thought on line would be good.

If I can get off what weight I want I have enough clothes to keep me going for years, jeans hardly worn, warm fleeces etc, so its all a bit of an incentive as well as health issues.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Oooh wow Mrs B well done )c(

I am glad that you are finding the points system good for you, it is half the battle understanding and knowing what works for you, I really struggled with WW. I don't go to a class but have joined a few sites that help and explain things so happy with that and I would not feel comfortable going to a class, there is so much info out there it is really good. I too have clothes that I can use, so that is an incentive too, although I am sure we should treat ourselves to a little something when we have lost some more weight )c(

I bet you feel better already, it is such an incentive and it is a couple of bags of sugar, well done )app(
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Wow, Mrs B - I'm impressed. well done! )like(
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Woohoo, well done Mrs Boodles! )t' {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

Well done everyone....I haven't weighed myself as I've had my op and there have been complications :( there is an infection in the would d ad I have had either a tear or perforation of my oesophagus... So they found food in my wound UGH !!
Anyway the upshot is I'm on nil by mouth for a week whilst the tear repairs itself... So anything I have will be by NG tube....this kind of extreme dieting I didn't sign up for lol !!!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Gosh Manda, you sound as though you are having a bit of a rough time, naso gastric tube certainly puts a different slant on eating, take care and wishing you a safe recovery. {hug}
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Gosh, Manda, that sounds horrendous! It probably isn't much of a consolation to know that you'll probably lose weight as a result of all of this. As you say, pretty extreme dieting. Hope you heal soon and can have proper meals again. Let's also hope that your neck feels better afterwards. Get well soon )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Argh, so sorry to hear this Manda, what a horrible thing to happen. I hope things heal quickly and you can start getting back to normal as soon as possible {hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Crikey Manda, that sounds a bit of a trauma, I hope you get well soon {hug}
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Just thought I'd jump in with my progress as I've been doing this healthy eating lark for getting on for a year now. No calorie counting or any of that - just healthy eating - healthy plate - half veg/salad/1/4 protein/1/4 carb is really the basis of it - been doing a lot more home cooking - the slow cooker is in use a lot as I can bulk up up on the veg that way very easily.

My latest discovery is Overnight Oats - I dont really like porridge that much but know it's good for me. Anyway Overnight Oats is a slimming world recipe (got a friend who's lost 6stone in the last year at SW) Basically get a Kilner Jar add whatever fruit/nuts you want, layer the porridge oats with low fat yogurt and leave in the fridge overnight. Next day you have a lovely healthy creamy mush for breakfast and I'm addicted to it. If you have a Google there's loads of different recipes.

Anyway despite putting on 5 1bs at Christmas I've now lost that and a wee bit more so I've lost nearly 4 1/2 stone in total still want to lose another 1 1/2 stone to get down to 12 stone which is still "overweight" for my frame but I would feel happy with that.

It's been so lovely buying sale clothes from Boden in a 14/16 size this January ... I do feel so much healthier and happier. It's so worth it and I do feel I've got my head right this time as I've not binged and tried to avoid those negative thoughts when I've "failed". It's just healthy eating (most of the time) not a diet which I do think is the key as a diet always gets broken eventually however strong willed you are.

Anyway it's most definately worth it and even though my weight loss has slowed right down - it's still coming off slowly and it's not going up which is just as important too.

Keep going folks it is so worth it. x
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My goodness Julie, that's an amazing weight loss, and it certainly sounds as if you have sorted how to make it work for you. Well done )c(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com