Teeth all gone, now it's the Gums !!!!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Teeth all gone, now it's the Gums !!!!

Post by Richard »

I went to the Dentist this morning.
I don't have a problem with people knowing I have full dentures, mispent youth and too many Gypsy and Treacle Tarts in the 50's and 60's !!!

Anyway, I went to enquire about clips.

Apparently a lot of the bone is wearing away plus there's a nerve getting closer to the surface.
He thinks we can get away with mini implants, 4 on top, 4 on bottom.

So I'm off for a CT Scan on Thursday. If all goes to plan, looks around the 2 Grand mark but to be honest I'm just fed up with the faffing around.

He reckons they could only last up to ten years though. I said I'd worry about that in 10 years !!

Does anyone know of anyone who's had this done and if they're any good.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Teeth all gone, now it's the Gums !!!!

Post by jemberelli »

I don 't know anything about it but good luck with it, I'm sure it will make a heck of a difference! )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Sorry cannot help but good luck!

My dad had all his teeth out in his 20s, the result of lack of nutrition in the war maybe, and wore dentures all his life until he died at 62. He never seemed to have a problem with them though.

Hope you get on ok Richard x
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks

Richard )t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Can't help with your question, Richard. I remember going to the dentist with my friend, we were in our early twenties, she had all her teeth out and dentures put in straight away. Back then it was the norm to whip them out when you had gum disease, don't know if they have other treatment available now for that. She has lived with her plastic gnashers and you can't tell they are false.

I would say go for it Richard, if there is a chance that this will make you happy, do it. Dentistry has moved on in leaps and bounds, there is no need for anyone to suffer in silence Ilona
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks Ilona, it's more physiology than practicalities, just get fed up with it all sometimes.

The old joke rings true......."Went to the Dentist today, he said my teeth are fine but got to have my gums out" :-D

I had the CT Scan today, he gave me a DVD of it....thank you :-D

Still undecided whether to go ahead.

Richard )t'
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Your dentist might agree to put you in touch with other patients who've had it done to see what their experience was. I'm sure he'd understand that it's a lot of money to spend speculatively. Hope you get the result you want.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

someone i know has just had the post implants done - she has had trouble with her falsies and so the dentist recommended this. She has the option of clipping teeth to them so they are removeable, or permanently fixed. She has chosen removable, partly because fixed are twice the price. Must say if I was having the implants anyway, I would probably go fixed if I could afford it.

She was a bit battered after the procedure, but fine
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Difficult decision to make Richard. I have a top denture - abscesses in my late twenties, which started the gaps. OH has all his own teeth, and my parents had also. All the best, whatever you decide.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Anything happening with the teeth, Richard, or have I missed something? Did you go ahead?
Ilona