My friend Robin red breast

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

My friend Robin red breast

Post by Gwenoakes »

now has a friend of his own. Ahhhhhh.

There were two here that seemed to be mates until one decided to try and fly through the kitchen window whilst it was still shut. It did seem to recover eventually, but then disappeared, so possibly died.

Now we have another that has arrived, but not quite so friendly as the original one. They do sing beautifully though and I really enjoy hearing them and hope to see babies in the near future although I have no idea when they nest or where for that matter.
perchy

Re: My friend Robin red breast

Post by perchy »

I have noticed the Robin in the garden more often recently too, although a couple of males have been vying for the territory, I love to see them and I hope you do have some babies to keep an eye on )t'

You posted twice so I have deleted the copy )t'
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I've noticed that there are 2 in the hedge near the hen run now.
So that will be twice the drain on the feed hopper - hope they leave some for the flock.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have a little robin who follows me round the garden centre while I am watering {hug}

I talk to him {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

I think we have three. One is quite pale, one is very bright and the other has a couple of little white marks where the red meets the brown. The pale one is very friendly but the other two fly away if they see me in the garden. Must be something I've said.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

They don't seem to have punch ups in my garden ?

There's often three or four. They're always there with Dunnocks, Tits, Woodpecker, Blackbirds, Finches etc.
I wonder if there's a kind of code of conduct :-D

I nearly got one to take feed from my hand, but I got arm ache

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

We had a robin that used to sit on the window sill and tap on the glass every day asking to be feed. They are cheeky little creatures.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

My Little Robin Red Breast now has two friends.

The other two sat about 3" apart on a paddock gate yesterday and were pushing their chests out to one another with heads stretched way up, so I am presuming that the one that is very tame is a girl and the other two are boys. Am I wrong? I have seen many Robins but never acting the way these two did.

LOL to the arm ache and tapping on the window.