trying to post a pic

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
HilierWard
Lively Laner

trying to post a pic

Post by HilierWard »

[URL] = http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Hilie ... g.html?o=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trying to upload pictures - is it normal for this thread to remain words and numbers even when previewed? Or by some trick of magic, it turns into pictures?
thanks

Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: trying to post a pic

Post by Totally Scrambled »

We use Mozilla as our browser so I'm not sure if it is done the same on all browsers but...
I right click on the photo, then select "Save Image Location", then come back to the post and left click the "Img" button. This should put the cursor between the two sets of square brackets with Img in them. Then right click and Paste. it should then put the photo in the post like this.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Glad it is not just me . Hopeless at Tecy stuff . Bob
manda

Post by manda »

I use Chrome.....I put your picture up by
- Left clicking and copying the URL...
- Paste it into your post
- highlight the url you have just pasted and then press the Img button at the top of the post box.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
HilierWard
Lively Laner

Post by HilierWard »

thanks all - I didn't even manage to post the correct pic! b***y useless!

if this works, there should be 4 girls in front of a tree!

I want to make sure I can do this, as I am having some ex-commercial hens next weekend and I want to record their development.
xx
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Seems to have worked OK )t'
Now all you have to do is remember what you did :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi, Lovelly girls, Good on th rescues they will thank you for it for the rset of their lives .
Well done on the pictures . Are the girls cage barn or free range ( all are not particularly pin ups ) . When you get them some may have beaks clipped (hard to pick up bits ) Wings clipped . Claws grown long . Feathers missing (short term ) Seperate for a week so as they can be checked for mites /lice etc. Once ok great fun . Bob ( I have had the full sets Cage ,Barn and free rangers ????? )
HilierWard
Lively Laner

Post by HilierWard »

haha! think I did it your way, Dom, but don't know for sure...

Bob - I don't know where they are from yet, someone will ring me next week. I didn't know about the beaks until last weekend, when I read something from BHWT. These are coming from FSFH - found on this forum.

Im soo appalled by what they have gone through.

What do I do about their claws?

thanks
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

They will probably clip the claws before you pick them up, and from then on they will wear them down naturally as they potter about and dig and scratch.

Their beaks will likely have been cut but this may not be a problem for them - it depends if they have grown back misshapen. Make sure there's a paving stone in their run that they can use to file their beaks (and claws) down. Any with particularly misshapen or overgrown beaks may find it easier to eat mash and porridge rather than pellets but apart from that, they will be right as rain!

Photos worked a treat, looking forward to your diary! )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper