Getting carried away!!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
p.penn

Getting carried away!!

Post by p.penn »

I have 5 crochet projects currently on the go!! yike* Not quite sure what happened there, but I have little baskets all over the place!

The first is a cushion for a friend's birthday, but I will find it very hard to part with when it is done! I have bought her presents before and I liked them so much she never got them! :oops:

The second is an african flower something. Not sure what yet! I would like it to be a blanket, but it is quite time consuming and also, when it is assembled, it has wiggly edges, which I dont like, so I have been experimenting with half hexagons, which are a little tricky too. I have made 9½ so far, and if I want a blanket I will need at least 140 - 160 yike* so am thinking perhaps another cushion, or something....cant decide! I dont want them just left as a few I made as an experiment!

The third is some easter heart bunting I started last year, but despite spending a fortune on two deliveries of wool this month, I seem to have run out of a yellow I need! }hairout{ and the fourth is some flower bunting.

The final one is my new blanket. I actually bought this pattern for it this week, and am pleased I did as it is very pretty. Although it is coming on already, it will take me a little while to complete, but will be worth it.

I think I have got completely carried away {rofwl} It may have something to do with my most recent creation, a cushion, which makes my heart soar every time I see it!! I still can't believe I actually made it!

Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Getting carried away!!

Post by KarenE »

What about using your african flowers for a hat? They would look lovely covering the top and sides of one.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh Helen, that cushion cover is amazing! I love it, you are so clever )like(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Wow, you ARE a busy bee :-D

You might need to hide that cushion when I come to visit or it may end up being sneaked into my car! )run(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I will have security at the exit searching for bacardi, Bailey, gammon and crochet lol
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
wendy

Post by wendy »

They are so beautiful, I would want to keep them all as well. So clever Helen.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
perchy

Post by perchy »

p.penn wrote:I will have security at the exit searching for bacardi, Bailey, gammon and crochet lol

:oops: :oops:
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl}

I think they're lovely...I think the flowers on a hat would be fab
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes, I think they would make a nice hat. I haven't tried any clothing yet, I seem to have a preference for making pretty useless stuff {rofwl} Also mention the phrase 'correct tension' and my eyes instantly glaze over {rofwl}

My blanket is doing ok, it is a 'join as you go' one, which to be honest, I haven't done before and I am not sure about. Less time consuming than sewing together at the end, but I don't like the end result as much - not invisible and floppier. Mind you, I think it's the only option with this design.

I do love working with bright colours, and find them very therapeutic. Actually, I find crochet altogether relaxing and rewarding. So glad I took it up and persevered!
Helen xx

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

perchy wrote:
p.penn wrote:I will have security at the exit searching for bacardi, Bailey, gammon and crochet lol

:oops: :oops:

Perchy, you distract the security and I'll smuggle the goodies out )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Fab cushion Helen, I would struggle part with that....
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Wow, Helen. The colours are stunning. Most envious.
Sara

Post by Sara »

The cushion is gorgeous Helen :-D

Lucy , I will cause the distraction, and you may smuggle it out, but i want a time share )grin2(
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

kate egg wrote:Fab cushion Helen, I would struggle part with that....

Don't worry Kate, that one's going nowhere!!! The squares were quite simple really, but the making up was quite tricky, especially using the invisible thread }hairout{

I haven't quite finished the one for my friend yet, but I have a month left to complete it before her birthday. It's very different from mine, as I have tried to account for her taste.
Helen xx

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Such lovely work. I really can't believe how proficient you have become in such a short time.
Well done you )like(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.