Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by HenPen »

Oh Treacle dahling, you look marvellous!

I bet a warm soak followed by the heat of the hair dryer was a lovely treat in this chilly weather!

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Giblet had one of her "odd" moments this morning. After opening up & feeding them
all I had a chat to my neighbour, then noticed that while the others were still
tucking in to breakfast Gibby was bumbling round her garden pecking at the
grass. I picked her up, her crop was empty, put her by her food but she kept walking
away from it. I did my usual thing of tapping on the bowl & she eventually found it
& ate some, after 5 mins I stopped & she wandered off. I know she's not all there,
bless her, but I hope this is just a blip. I hope some vitamins in her water may help,
this sort of thing has happened before when she's been moulting, perhaps she's coming
into lay.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh bless Gibby, I love hearing about her. It's amazing how she gets long isn't it? How is she today?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I was right, there was a broken thin shelled egg in Giblet's coop this morning, so
I've put some shell-aid vits in her water. Strangely, her and Smidge spent
some time each side of the run divide, "looking" at and chatting to eachother!
Giblet rarely stands on that side of her run & Smidge doesn't take much notice of her,
so she must have gone over there to be near him. If it was because she is in lay, I
wonder how they found eachother if not by sight, was it what she said to him?! or
could it be a smell thing? interesting thought!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I have made a start on Giblet's garden. I've planted seeds for a jolly collection of
edible flowers
Her flower bed isn't in a particularly sunny spot so I'll try & get some flowers started
in pots before planting them out, I hope she appreciates my hard work!
This morning Giblet was quite scared of the wind banging things, so I sat with her
on a swingseat in the sunshine & we invented a new song - Gibby liked it so much
she fell asleep on me for a while - it went like this ..."Little Gibby in the sunshine,
Little Gibby in the sunshine, Little Gibby in the sunshine, la la la la la!!" It can be
sung to any old tune!
Dear Smidge is hanging on to the last thread of his sight, he can see things like
this cabbage nub, but will peck all around it before hitting it
Here's a closeup of his eye, there's just a speck of black pupil left now.
Poor old boy, the other day he followed Pointy & Spot into an overgrown patch behind the shed, then they went off & left him there & I had to call him so he could find his
way out!
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I think we need to hear an audio of The Gibby Song!

If my girls find out that there are chickens who are getting special songs written for them, there'll be hell to pay!

If Gibby is anything like mine, she'll love the rocket. Not sure about the others, my girls have never had their beaks into any of those.

Gibby and Smidge are so lucky they have somewhere safe to live, with someone looking after their needs. )like(
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bless them, they look lovely and they are well and truly blesses having such a wonderful mummy to enrich their lives with such care and love {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Spring is in the air! Miss Piggy is firmly broody and this morning Smidge and Nettle
spent some time inside another nestbox, she was chattering in her funny little pekin
voice and he was making his lovely, broody brrr-ing sounds to her. I think Giblet
heard what he was saying & spent the afternoon being broody too.
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Giblet thought was far too nice a day to sit in indoors, infact a lovely day for a bath
in the grass
meanwhile nothing will shift Misspiggy, she's determined to hatch Eggbert the plastic
egg!
Fed up with Smidge & his girls (but especially Smidge) spilling their pellets
everywhere, I found a small trough to replace the hopper. If it works tomorrow the
mice will go hungry!
--Immanuel Kant
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

If anyone can hatch Eggbert, Miss Piggy can!
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Hmph! not a great start for the new feeder
I caught someone sniggering in the background. He doesn't want them to stop spilling the food!
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

What a brilliant photo! Bless the little guy/girl. Surely you can't begrudge him/her the odd weeny pellet??? )run(
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Karen , Does not pay the vet bills though ....
Great picture . That is worth sending to a photo comp...
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Oh no! Giblet came out of her coop sneezing and rasping this morning, Tiny's voice
has a slight gurgle to it too. No messing around, I put them all on tylan, just hope
I'll nip it in the bud!
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

If you got them straight on it I'm sure they'll be fine. I wonder what brought that in? Perhaps they've all been up partying all night with the mouse and have sung themselves hoarse :-D
Karen