What are you planning on doing for wildlife this year?

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
fabindia
Legendary Laner

What are you planning on doing for wildlife this year?

Post by fabindia »

An appropriate topic for this section, especially now that Spring is just about here and we are all planning things to do in the garden.

So any wildlife friendly plans for the garden this year? Are you planning on digging a new pond, putting up bird boxes, bug hotels, or perhaps something even more imaginative?
Michael
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: What are you planning on doing for wildlife this year?

Post by Richard »

Hi Micheal,

I'm doing quite a bit but installed Bird Houses, Bat House, Frog Toad Houses, Hedgehog Houses and Bug Hotel last year, so I'm wishing for great things this year.

I have a Pond, which is a sunken Bath! I also have half an old Bin sunk into the ground which I've left to run riot. Usually a good amount of flies around that!

With my Wilkos 50 bulbs to attract Butterflies, my Camera, hopefully, will be very busy!!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I have been forced by circumstances to pave over my front garden in order to park which was something that I had put off and put off as the sparrows used to love the fuchsia bushes. Bug hotel will be a summer project for me and the Spoonettes, I want a honey suckle on the side wall and as I am a less than enthusiastic gardener I expect that the back bit will be left to become wild (again).
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have an established pond and the fish are a good size.
The birds drink and bathe in the waterfall, which is lovely to watch.
But.... Every year the fish eat all and I mean all the frogspawn. I have plants but not enough to save the babies.
Has anyone any idea how I can help these little guys out ? I have tried putting it in a
bucket but the water just went stale.
What I could do with is something I can put them in and keep them in the pond. I did try a fishing net one year and the fish chewed a hole in it }hairout{
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Plastic colander
Bah Humbug