Day at the Edible Garden Show 2015

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Day at the Edible Garden Show 2015

Post by Richard »

Hi

Had a good day out at the Edible Garden Show, Alexandra Palace today.

Got to meet old pals and new..

John and Val Harrison, Allotment-garden.org..
[center]Image[/center]
(John holding best gardening blog award. )t' )

Sean James Cameron, HorticulturalChannelTV..
[center]Image[/center]
(Sean holding Runners Up best gardening Blog.
Sean was also talking to Big Allotment Challenge Contestants on the main stage. He had quite an input with the BBC on it.

Jonathan Moseley, Floral Arranger and Judge on the Big Allotment Challenge..
[center]Image[/center]

Rob Smith, winner of the Big Allotment Challenge.
[center]Image[/center]

The Show itself seemed a bit smaller than last year.

Very noticeable was with Poultry. Last year there were many Stands, this year just a couple, re-iterating my thoughts that keeping Chickens has lost it's boom of three years plus ago.
One should say that this could be that those who were getting Chickens, have!

Emphasis seemed to be on Organic and Eco. There were a lot of Beekeeping Stands and much emphasis put on eco-system gardening; Bug Houses, natural ways to grow etc.

Good day out though.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Day at the Edible Garden Show 2015

Post by albertajune »

It sounds and looks as if you had a really enjoyable Richard. It is so good to meet up with old friends, especially as time seems to slip by so quickly.

Interesting to see that bee keeping was well represented as I did read recently how it has become the new must have hobby. Maybe keeping bees will be the new 'chicken keeping' as the chooks weren't so well represented.

Great photo's )like( Why haven't you changed at all since I've been visiting The Lane?
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

Lots of familiar faces there, Richard. No doubt there will be a report on the Horticultural Channel some time soon. Bit far for me to go though!

Keeping bees can only be good for the environment, as long as people don't get set up then get bored. As for chickens, a lot of people get them as soon as they get out here, but don't realise that they have to actually look after them, and they can be a tie. Someone I knew who came out to 'live the dream' soon gave up growing their own food and accidentally starved their chickens to death (they had no idea why they were dying)
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

albertajune wrote:Great photo's )like( Why haven't you changed at all since I've been visiting The Lane?

Imperial Leather and accidental face packs of chicken poo June :-D

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome