The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Post by sandy »

Whoops forgot to say Alice is my avatar
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Lovely to see a remembrance for Alice, clearly a special girl who still holds a special place in Gwen's mum's heart. {hug}
Remie & gang
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals, I have to give the very sad news Psycho Olive went to the vets today and will not be coming back {cry}
2.2.2013 to 30.3.2015
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

We are so sorry to hear that our very own virtual trend settler Supermodel Olive has crossed the rainbow bridge to join the great catwalk in the sky. Who will give us fashion and beauty tips now? A very sad day indeed, and our thoughts are with the Pink Ladies and their mummy who must be missing P Olive so much

Captain Remie, SPR Corp Casper and Tigger
{hug}
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals, Iris here as I am the only one who remembers the indominatable Abbie Rose. We even have a photo of her in our office to keep us in check! She certainly was a character, when Elsie,Betty and I came to live with her she had cried for her lost sister Alice so much her voice was always a squeak thereafter. Elsie made a show of cinfidence to her but was soon put in her place and none of us every tried again not even tough Black Betty.

Remembering you today Abbie….21.09.2008 to 10.04.2012
Gone but never forgotten

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I feel Smidge should have a place here too. Such a gentle, lovely boy and a great
dad. He'll be a hard act to follow.
Romeo Smidge
family-man Smidge
noisy Smidge
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Lovely to see a remembrance for the lovely Abbie Rose, who our mum says reminds her so much of our very first topenanall Rexie.

Also thank you for posting a memorium for the first hunk on the board, Smidge, who we all would have loved to have met as he was such a sweet and romantic boy. We bet his girls are missing him like crazy.

A very sad month of memories for us, as we mark a year to the week since we lost the inspirational Commander Nugget who all henpals will know as the Instigator of the Chicken Revlootion and the author of the Chicken Manifesto, which is of course the Blooprint for a Better Life for Chickens Everywhere. To uphold Nugget's cause is the oath that all Henpals swear.

Nugget left a massive (even massiver than Toffee, who was MASSIVE) hole in our flock and we still miss her every day, even raw cadets like me and Tiggly who never even met her.

Nugget when she first arrived home:

Contemplating her Manifesto:

Feathered up nicely:

Enjoying a snooze and sunbathe with mum in our garden:

To Commander Nugget, we miss you )b(

Special Reading and Poetry Corporal Casper
for the House of Special Poetry and Reading / House of Rems
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Of course Smidge should be on here, such a handsome boy, I love how you have titled the gorgeous photos of him. He will have plenty of virtual flock to chase about over the bridge {hug}
Commander Nugget, cannot believe it has been a year! Always loved that snoozing photo {hug&kiss}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Henpals Millie would like to remember Amber Ped who walked over the rainbow bridge this day in 2013, and I would like to remember our Janet who took the same journey this day 2014.
Iris xxxxx

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Can't believe it's been a year since we lost Janet. {hug} and remembering lovely Amber Ped too

Such a difficult time last year, too many henpals moved on {hug}

Casper and the House of Special Reading and Poetry
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bella Ped went over the rainbow bridge 22.04.2012 Forever immortalised as the ring tone on nextdoors mummy's phone.
Millie Ped

lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Posh of the Spice Girls passed away last night. From day one she became top hen without even a fight other than a "get out of my way" beak butt when it came to feeding LOL. Sadly she lost the crown to Scary last year. My earliest memory is how she would tell the others when it was time to roost, and when timid Ginger was too afraid to go in the coop, she decided to cuddle up to her in the open run instead {hug} She never did figure out how to come down from the high rise balcony, often crashing into the wall and feeder, prompting me to rush in and pick her up off the shelf before she jumped and put her down on the ground ... teaching her a new trick - she would actually come to the edge of the shelf so it was easier for me to pick her up, just like in this photo when she was showing off her new shiny plumage after the moult.

RIP Posh - Sep 2013 - Apr 2015
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Posh Spice was certainly one beautiful girl {hug} So sorry you have lost such a little character LL xxxxx

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Sad news .Two girls flew over the bridge last evening and over night.
TT -Purple and pink R/Leg (Two Tone ) Died in the dog cage in her sleep after putting up a fight for her life which she was never going to win. She had a good short time with me as she only arrived this year from Chelmsford , Fresh Start For Hens . Lovely chicken which did not have long with me , but still managed to make her mark.

Yesterday evening as I was shutting them up I checked the Med Ward for any girls sneaking in for a sleep over upgrade.
TT and Bloomers was in there up till 6.00pm . door was open till 7.30pm. Went to fat fighters and when I checked -
1 ring R /leg orange , ginger , (original group from Alysbury ) was dead -still warm in the corner of the nest box. Beautiful girl with no obvious cause of death . I tried to resuss but to no avail. A very sad loss . Although not a particular attention seeker , she was a well known follower of treats and shovels. Will miss her as not many originals left now . She slept in cockerel a dood1e Hall so now looking empty.

Bye girls fly high and sleep well.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

We are sorry to hear we have lost 3 lovely henpals in such a short time

Posh Spice, TT and 1 ring R /leg orange ginger - run fast over the bridge and join the henpal flocks

{hug} to your mummies, daddies and henpals you leave behind

SRP Corp Casper and the House of Special Reading & Poetry
Karen