Greenhouse problems

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Greenhouse problems

Post by billnorfolk »

Anyone got a pollycarbenate greenhouse ? if so have you had this problem.

Wendy being more observant than me noticed it this morning ,4 of the 8 roof panels are full of holes ,only affecting the outer skin not the inner skin .The 4 that are affected seem to be a different shade to the others .Image

The 2 on the right are the ones with the holes.

The 2 at the end are the ones with the holes .Bought new in 2011 ,should last longer than 4 years ,similar panels on my car port have been up 20 years and still good.
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Greenhouse problems

Post by lancashire lass »

The affected panels look like a different batch to the rest. Is it possible the panel is "back to front" when clipped onto the frame (as in the outside should have been inside)? My polycarbonate greenhouse is that moulded plastic not the corrugated type so I can't help you with that.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have a mini greenhouse and the lid panel has gone the same way. Very odd.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

lancashire lass wrote:The affected panels look like a different batch to the rest. Is it possible the panel is "back to front" when clipped onto the frame (as in the outside should have been inside)? My polycarbonate greenhouse is that moulded plastic not the corrugated type so I can't help you with that.

I don't think which way round makes a difference LL as both sides identical ,this is boxed about 10mm not corrugated ,although in one picture it looks like it .Wendy thought about hail but would have done the whole roof ,just hard to believe the difference in panels >coc<

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

p.penn wrote:I have a mini greenhouse and the lid panel has gone the same way. Very odd.

Hello Helen

Cant understand it either ,bought a cold frame from Lidl's years ago same stuff thats fine ,emailed place i bought it from but not a very fast response up to now .

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

After 4 emails (unanswered) and umpteen phone calls messages left still waiting for replys,seems Gardman doesn't exist anymore they all seem to have been abducted }hairout{ ,all i can say is if you have any of there products i really hope they don't go wrong. I have phoned every extension at there head office from sales,exports,accounts,management training ,all say the same no one available leave a message >coc<

lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Where did you buy the greenhouse from? Funny enough I did a quick google for reviews and Gardman greenhouse don't get a good rating at all, see here
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

lancashire lass wrote:Where did you buy the greenhouse from? Funny enough I did a quick google for reviews and Gardman greenhouse don't get a good rating at all, see here

Wow just been reading some of the reviews ,many have same problem as me ,some after 2 years .Not very good for reviews thats for sure .Think i should have read these first .Bought from my local leisure and garden centre nr Norwich ,say the 12 month warranty up so not really interested.Tried some more calls but still don't answer a phone }hairout{