Close encounter with a Badger

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Close encounter with a Badger

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just a quickie.

I was in the back porch last night with outside light on when suddenly aware of something moving. I looked and a Badger was walking towards the porch.

It looked at me and I looked at it as it still kept coming. In the end it was approx 6' away from me. I spoke to it and then it moved away, slowly, but didn't seem to be wary or afraid. It was very big, much bigger than I had expected a Badger to be tbh.

We had thought something was coming round the garden at night as there were lots of droppings, but wasn't sure if it was a Badger or a Fox. Now we know.

Anyone else had this close an encounter with one?
wendy

Re: Close encounter with a Badger

Post by wendy »

How lovely. They are bigger in 'real life' aren't they ?
Do you still have chooks ? They can be a problem if you do.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I followed one down our lane as I was driving home the other night. They have very round bums and seem to waddle.

See quite a lot round here but most are by the side of the road {cry} Last year a couple of youngsters always seemed to be crossing the road in the village as we drove home (until they did it once too often)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

They are much bigger at close quarters than I ever imagined, Wendy and no we no longer have chooks, so nothing to worry about in that quarter.

We very often see them at night down the lane, Mo like you when we are driving and yes they do seem to waddle. LOL We also see quite a few on the main roads and have been told by different people that they are not road kill, but from Badger bating and just put there to look like road kill. Whether that is true or not, I don't know.