How are your eyes, nose and throat !!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

How are your eyes, nose and throat !!

Post by Richard »

[center]Image[/center]

I don't suffer thank goodness, just prone to the occasional sore eyes.

It's that time again !

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: How are your eyes, nose and throat !!

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Thankfully I don't suffer from hay fever but in answer to your question, I need binoculars to read the small print on packets, my nose has never recovered from too many punches over the years and my throat is parched so I'm going to have a drink )hic(
Dom
Ali Woks My World
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My eyes, nose and throat are fine thank you Richard, it's just the rest of me that's a problem +f+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

My eyeballs look like they've turned into pools of sloppy jelly, my nose is bleeding and sore from the constant blowing and I'm constantly scratching at the back of my throat with the back of my tongue {cry}

This is the worst year I've had with hay fever since I was a child - yesterday I resorted to filling y bathroom sink with freezing cold water, sticking my whole head under and breathing through a snorkel! I must have looked ridiculous but the relief was bliss {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Poor Lucy, I assume the OH spends a lot of time in the Shed :-D

Not another Coca Cola Dom :-D

My left elbow isn't too bad Helen :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh Lucy, that sounds absolutely awful, poor you {hug} {hug&kiss}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Luckily I don't suffer from hay fever. I have walked through fields of OSR chest height, some of it over my head, and come out the other side with an all over yellow tint. It's lovely when you are in the middle, and the smell is gorgeous. My computer screen wallpaper is a field of yellow.
Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'd noticed that I need my hankie handy. Nothing terrible, just a slightly prickly eyes.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I was fine till I got to 30 and then suffered terribly with hay fever for years. It seems hay fever is just one of things that can come on at anytime.

In recent years, it has either just got better on its own, or my new strategy is paying off. What I do is to try not let it get a real hold. I am allergic to grass pollen only - fortunately not tree pollen or oil seed rape - so as soon as I start to get itchy eyes or a runny nose, I treat the symptoms with a nasal, eye drops, etc. As long as I do this, I have found I don't have to take tablets. The last few years I've been great.

Just as an aside, an bee/insect pollinator observation. Plants that are wind pollinated, things like hazel and grasses have to put out hundreds times more pollen than insect pollinated plants. Insect pollination is far less hit and miss, so the plants have put out less pollen, even though insects like bees collect it to eat it, they still spread enough around to work for the plants. It one of natures win/win relationships and keeps the pollen down for us hay fever sufferers :-D
Michael
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Oh dear Richard, you shouldn't have asked! At the moment I am suffering acute sinusitis, probably caused by allergy. I've been tested for the normal things but GP thinks it is to do with the area that I live in. (near Lucy). Lots of gorse and a big area for grasses and rapeseed etc. Mine has been affecting my balance, feeling woozy. It seemed better a few days ago but the wind is back blowing blossom and pollen everywhere.
I have actually taken an antihistamine tab today and could fall asleep. I'm hoping that visiting the Lane will wake me up a bit.
Lucy, I hope you feel better soon as yours does sound awful. {hug} It is so hard when living in the heart of the countryside to keep away from it all. Beautiful at times but this time of year is hard on people who suffer.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I started suffering hay-fever at the age of 15, a year or so after I started smoking tobacco; I continued to suffer terribly for years, eyes watering and nose doing its best impression of Victoria falls in flood . his continued right up until the year after I stopped smoking after which it got progressively better. I am however still allergic loads of different pollens and cats (but only some cats) and dog saliva which brings me out in a rash. This year I have had a few spells of itchy eyes and earlier on in the season I had a few runny noses but nothing like back when I used to deliberately inhale a cocktail of highly toxic substances given off by a tube of burning leaves.

I am not sure what effect OSR has on me MQ, I didn’t seem to suffer hay- fever whilst over seas but I did have one particular bad spell in the Lochs of the West coast of Scotland where there is no OSR but tonnes of heather up on the hills, as soon as the heather flowered I was sneezing continually and my eyes were streaming.
Bah Humbug
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I have always had really bad hayfever since I was a child. I was even in hospital when I was about 8 because my airways were so swelled I couldn't breathe. However, I think at 47/48 I've finally grown out of it. I've hardly had any symptoms for the past couple of years and I'm so glad )like( The strange is my husband has never had it but last summer had a terrible chesty cough for months so when he eventually went to the doctors he was diagnosed with hayfever. Looks like I've passed mine onto him yike*
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx