Don't allow ban on neonicotinoids to be relaxed

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Don't allow ban on neonicotinoids to be relaxed

Post by fabindia »

There is definitely something wrong with the health of our bees, both bumble and honey. Neonicotinoids are thought to play a significant part in this problem. As usual big business is just interested in its own agenda. We need to make sure this family of pesticides are not reintroduced.

KEEP THE BAN ON BEE-KILLING PESTICIDES
Toxic chemical companies are trying to get their banned pesticides back on UK fields. Sign the petition to keep the ban on bee-killing pesticides.

https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/ban-bee-killing-pesticides-for-good-937d4563-7694-41a8-a642-65e6b0e51453
Michael
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Don't allow ban on neonicotinoids to be relaxed

Post by kitla »

This campaign needs lots of support, its the only way to fight the big companies
that are worried about their profits regardless of the consequences, and I expect are
using all their power to try & get the ban overturned.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Signed. This is exactly the sort of situation that the TTIP agreement currently being secretly negotiated between Europe and the USA will make worse - global chemical companies like bayer and monsanto won't think twice about suing countries that are getting in the way of its profits if TTIP makes it through

As the bees will say, 'when we go, we're taking you all with us'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Time to bring this back up again.

The government has relaxed the ban on neonicotinoids today. Strangely, almost a day after Parliament was dissolved for the summer break.

The argument is that the science isn't conclusive and was mainly 'lab' based. I say better safe than sorry.
Michael
manda

Post by manda »

Do you know what ...I wonder just how intelligent these people are who we put into the corridors of power and the problem is global ! }hairout{

How can they ignore years of research, the decline in the bee population and say nothing is conclusive...if we lose them.... well we lose everything..... I wonder if that would that be conclusive enough for them?!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Apparently there was a report from their scientific advisers which the Gov. told them to delay publishing so that they could do this.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

How ridiculous! they reckon 3.5% of crops lost by not using this pesticide, surely
far more would be lost if the bees weren't there to pollinate. I feel the big powers
are paving the way for GM crops that are self pollinating, we'll get to the stage where
we have no choice but to accept them. I think it all boils down to money & power.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant