Durham area - loving home for two girls

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Mollybobs
Lively Laner

Durham area - loving home for two girls

Post by Mollybobs »

Hello,

I posted a few weeks ago about my dilemma keeping two remaining hens: http://www.downthelane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53506

I took the advice given and have taken time to reassess, and although I would not 'get rid' of them, I do think it would be better for them to be rehomed.

If there is anyone in the Durham area (DH6) who is looking for 2 beautiful friendly girls who lay every day religiously please get in touch.

Heart sore about this, but feel it is the right thing to do.

Thank you

manda

Re: Durham area - loving home for two girls

Post by manda »

I don't know if you are on facebook Mollybobs but if you are it might be a good idea to post on the FB page as well...if not let me know and I can always put something on there for you
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I know that must have been a really tough decision - I'm not near so can't help out but just wanted to say good luck {hug}

The facebook option is a good one, as Manda suggests
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Mollybobs
Lively Laner

Post by Mollybobs »

Manda, I am not on FB, could you help?

Don't get me wrong, if the right home does not come up for them, they will be well cosseted here, but would like them to find a new forever home.

Thank you for your help:)
manda

Post by manda »

I've done it Molybobs....if anyone gets back to us we'll let you know or get them to talk to you here :-D )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
LottaKittyChicky
Learner Laner

Post by LottaKittyChicky »

hi hun

I'm up near Stanley (DH9) - if you're able to bring them I could take them in for you. I can't drive and am without transport other than buses, also it would let you inspect my allotment and my other birds and be happy with the home I could provide?

I'm new on the forum, have come from the facebook group. So to introduce myself for you.

My name is Cat and I have an allotment just 3-5 mins from my house where I have my flock. I currently have 11 bantams of various breeds, a rescue large girl who was dumped in the village and 8 ducks. I also have 2 marans chicks and 6 ducklings - so a large family :)

At home I have 4 cats and 2 dogs hence the poultry being away from the house.

I am the sort of person who researching *everything* - I studied animal management at college a few years ago which got me interested in keeping my own birds, I then spent 2 years researching keeping poultry before getting my first birds last year.

Although I do raise my own birds for table I have a stable adult flock for eggs and they are my pets and promise if you chose to trust me with your girls they would have a -lifelong- home with me for as many years they may enjoy, not a chance of sharing that fate!
Mollybobs
Lively Laner

Post by Mollybobs »

Thank you so much Manda, I really appreciate it!

Cat, that sounds lovely, I do like the idea of them having lots going on around them! They are used to the dogs and cat here - we let them into the garden and they chase the dogs, sleep with the cat (they make a dust bath and the cat joins them), and really enjoy life.

Could I arrange to see you?

I will message you - and thank you (I have coop etc if you want it).

This site is brilliant for support - thank you all so much.
LottaKittyChicky
Learner Laner

Have sent you a private message :)

More than happy to arrange to meet and talk etc before you make any hard decisions. Also much easier to sort details than via digital talk :p

Talk soon x
manda

Post by manda »

Chuffed to bits for you ...I went to bed and when I got up Cat messaged me on Facebook and said she had joined here and replied to you )like(

At least you have options now )c(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Mollybobs
Lively Laner

Post by Mollybobs »

Thank you so much for your help Manda, you have been incredible!

I am speaking to Cat now, so hopefully should be seeing my girls happily settled soon.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Excellent to see a happy ending )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Mollybobs
Lively Laner

Post by Mollybobs »

My final post

Winnie and Freda are now settled with Cats brood.

After a fraught morning where everything went wrong, to see the two of them quite relaxed and enjoying the new pecking opportunities was lovely.

No massive scraps, one small 'handbags' incident, but otherwise, all was peace and love {hug}

Cat has got a lovely set up, her smallest cockerel is a hoot, and everyone seemed to be getting on just fine when I left.

Busy clearing out the run, but had to stop due to hiccuppy crying. Finding it a bit hard at the moment, but I am confident I have done the right thing.

Can I just say a big thank you to everyone on this forum who has given me advice and support over the past couple of years - this really is a lovely friendly site.

And two huge thank you's to Manda and Cat xx

May your chickens be happy and your eggs be plentiful :-D
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Glad the hens are happy.
Yes you'll miss them but you know when the time is right.

I hope the 'final post' only refers to this thread. There are lots of 'non-chicken' sections. And you have valuable knowledge to pass on even if you no longer have hens.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
manda

Post by manda »

I'm so glad Cat was able to take them for you ...good outcome and good as you know they'll be looked after {hug} {hug&kiss} ...so now we'll talk cake ...food...and everything else )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

LottaKittyChicky
Learner Laner

It was lovely to meet you Hun. You are more than welcome to come visit any time, not just to see the hens but come for a cuppa and gossip too

I promise they will be as happy as I can keep them for you, they will always be available if you want to visit and I will stay in touch as long as you want me to

Thank you for trusting me

Napoleon did like showing off his pathetic lil crow for you didn't he? LOL