Megan

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
wendy

Megan

Post by wendy »

I did say I wouldn't have another dog until Dave had gone. But I am afraid compassion has got the better of me.
Megan (was Crystal in the NAWT) came home today.
She is about 10 ish and has been used as a puppy farm bitch. Heaven alone knows how many litters she has had in those 10 odd years. One this year, we think
She was found wandering, in Wales, with a companion. Both totally emaciated. Her companion had to be put down because of renal problems, probably due to the starvation. She was put on a drip and fostered for a while before coming up to here. I have jumped through many hoops to get her home. But now we are there
So welcome to our 17th dog for the Bell family and a big sister for Dave.
Some from today and the last are when she was first found

http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Megan

Post by Mo »

She has found the home she needs.
How does Dave get on with her - I guess you wouldn't have taken her unless it was well.
{hug} to the 3 of you.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Wendy I am so pleased that the poor old girl has come home to you. She will now have all the love and care that she has missed in her past. Seeing photos of her as she was, is quite tear jerking but she is already looking great.
I hope that Dave likes his new friend and that Megan soon settles in to life in her new home. Good luck lovely lady {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh Wendy, who could blame you? What a cutie! Those pics of her when she was found are absolutely gut-wrenching, they make me soo angry }hairout{ {mr.angry} Thank goodness for lovely people like you who see past the issues and want to help & to shower them with love {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
wendy

Post by wendy »

Dave has been so good with her, I am very proud of my little boy. Seems to realise she is old and worn out.
She is so sweet. One poop in the house, but I expected more than that, so I don't mind.
Very petrified if she has something and you even walk near. Cowers on the floor, eyes tight closed waiting for the fist !. Not only have they bred her to an inch of her life, they have starved her, dumped her and also beaten her to boot.
She is safe now

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Poor little girl. She will have a wonderful home with you Wendy, hope she soon starts to gain confidence and enjoys the new surroundings and Dave.
manda

Post by manda »

{hug} {hug&kiss} {hug} {hug&kiss}
I am so glad for her ...and you. She needed you and you were there.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

What that poor dog must have gone through, brings tears to my eyes. These evil people need locking up, it makes me so angry. Thank goodness she can live out the rest of her life in a safe and loving home. Bless you Wendy. {hug}
Ilona
Sara

Post by Sara »

She is so gorgeous Wendy xxx {hug} {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

How is she settling in to life with you? Do keep us updated now and again as I'm sure that others, like me, are really interested in Megan's new life. {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well she is piling on the weight and I think I am going to knock her food to 3 meals a day, rather than the four she is having at the moment.
She follows me everywhere like a little lamb, tail wagging all the time. When she sleeps I tip toe around, so as not to wake her.
Last night about 5am she knocked down the gate on the stairs and spent the rest of the night in my bedroom. Well I haven't had a dog sleep in the bedroom for over 40 years, but I think she has different idea's.
I need to get a friend take a photo of the three of us.

perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww bless her Wendy and she knows she is safe with you, and that is why she wants to sleep in your bedroom {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

She sounds adorable! Will be great to see a pic of you with them both and well done Dave for being so accepting {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

)like( So pleased for all three of you. Beau has to be the bedroom, I think it is a security thing with the dogs who have not had a home life before. Thank goodness that for her last years, however many, Megan is going to have that comfort blanket around her. Bless her and Dave, who is in his way making her feel at home. {hug} {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Perhaps what June said about her Beau being in the bedroom is why Angel who had three homes before she came to us at eighteen months has to sleep on our bed. Sounds as if she is settling well, Wendy.