Pan Yan Pickle

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
manda

Pan Yan Pickle

Post by manda »

I don't know if this is any help Wendy but I saw your comment in the Fairy Soap thread and had a little look....this person has tried to get as close as to the original recipe and is now selling it..Here
On my travels it seems they stopped making it for a while, then there was a fire in the factory and the recipe was lost and they hadn't transferred it to computer.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Pan Yan Pickle

Post by Mo »

That name rings a bell from the past.
Not that I eat pickle, and I think the one that was on our table was HP with it's picture of the Houses of Parliament. As a child I was a compulsive reader - labels on jars and packets would do if there was nothing else.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
manda

Post by manda »

I have to be honest Mo I had never heard of it and I'm not a great pickle eater either ...although my hubby and his friend, who likes it in his toasty pies (aka toasted sandwiches...must be a kiwi thing) are Branston Pickle lovers.

I think Branston is over priced here so I did make "Almost That Pickle" which is a copycat recipe I found on the www ...not as spicey but still they like it and I have to be honest I will eat it (still not really my thing but I do prefer it to the real thing).
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

I used to love Panyan pickle when I was a kid.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
wendy

Post by wendy »

Thanks,again, Manda. I will have a look.
I did hear they had a fire and the recipe was lost >dum< ............somehow I think that was an excuse that they weren't making it anymore.
I am off to have a looksee.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning