Megan

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
wendy

Re: Megan

Post by wendy »

I took her to the vet today to be weighed.
She has put on 2 kilo's so now weighs 27 kilo's. I am still to feed 4 times
a day, as she has too much of a 'waist'
She was very frightened in the car shaking like a leaf. I expect she thought she was going somewhere else. When home, she got out the car and dragged me to the door, tail wagging. Bless her.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Oh bless her! The fact that she dragged you to the door with tail wagging, shows that she knows where her feeling of security is.
This type of rescue dog has been through so much more than the norm. Their thanks is at times overwhelming and it somehow makes it sadder to think what they must have been through. How is she when you leave her Wendy?

We find with Beau that he has to know where we are at all times, but doesn't now always have to be with us. I can now potter about in the garden and he will pop out now and again to make sure I'm here. We have actually just back from shopping and he stayed at home. We usually go early and take him with us, but are now trying to have the odd time away from him. He didn't make a fuss as he had a good walk first and just flopped on the floor on coming back. He was so excited when we got back but I just got on with unpacking and he did his usual thing, after being nosey to see what I had got, of barking at squirrels who eat the bird nuts. No harm done and feeling so pleased at another step taken. :-D

Do keep us updated at Megan's progress. She is somehow a special girl and will be doing you the world of good.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Heartwarming - both Megan's and Beau's progress. You are 2 very special ladies {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
wendy

Post by wendy »

She doesn't seem to have a problem when I actually go out. But she has Dave with her, which I think helps. Once she realises I have gone she goes to sleep.
When I am in, is another thing entirely. She follows me everywhere a little shadow. If we happen to have eye contact her little tail goes 19 to the dozen. Bless her.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning