What other pets?

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

What other pets?

Post by albertajune »

We talk and show pics of our dogs on here but rarely other pets. Besides our two remaining chickens, we have our cat called Mistie.
This is her in my shopping bag. I can't unpack the shop quickly enough as she loves to get into the bag and settle down.
I'm sure that there are some more unusual ones out there, like my granddaughter who has snakes and my d-in-law who has 2 pigs and about 6 alpacas, that is besides horses.

Would love to see what lurks behind your doors. )t'

My Mistie, now 6

I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: What other pets?

Post by jemberelli »

Oh she is beautiful! We only have Lollie now, no more chooks at the moment {cry} I used to have 2 cats - Muppet, a gorgeous tortie and Fraggle who was black & white with some tabby markings. I do miss my cats! Looking forward to meeting everyone else's animals )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Apart from the chickens I have the last of my ferrets.
Perry

He is now around 8 years old, is blind, probably deaf and has a chronic stomach problem.
He still dodders about though. The photo is from a year or so ago, and makes him look good for his age :) His current appearance isn't so pretty, but he seems happy enough for an old, decrepit guy :)

and Mouse.

Again, the picture is a couple of years old. Mouse is an older lady too, now. She is 7. Currently in the vets having an X-ray as she just isn't right. Gets tired easily. Pale nose. Maybe a heart condition? If it is hopefully some meds will put her right. She can be such a dynamo.

Little animals, but they make a BIG impression on our lives :)
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Only Angel our Shetland Sheepdog now. When we moved here ten and a half years ago we brought with us Simba, our Rough Collie, and Holly and Nation, our two Shetland Sheepdogs, plus Percy, our remaining budgie. We lost Simba and Percy within the first few months.

In the past we had Sophie, who was a peach tortoishell rescue cat. Very similar to the photo in your shopping bag, June.

We had a chinchilla called Murray, after the friend who gave it to me, as a swap for my piano (her daughter was learning to play! Murray could manage to undo the cage fastener, so I resorted to a large bullclip - not for a bull.

Two of my sons have a Cocker Spaniel and a Yorkie. One grandson has a grass snake called Cosmo, which is now rather large, but when it first arrived was so small that it lived in a margarine carton, and we had to whisper when we went near it.

I've also had a rabbit (my kids pet), tortoises, goldfish, and a series of cats (one at a time).

They have all given great pleasure to me and mine.
wendy

Post by wendy »

As well as Dave and Megan I have two African Grey Parrots

Coco on Perch and Indiana

I also Have Amelia, a rescue hamster.

I, sadly, no longer have any hens
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Love your ferrets HH, really miss mine. Live with my daughter now and she says no to me having one (or two {rofwl} ) Don't think i could even sneak one in.

Besides my puppy Natalie has two dogs, coco, a Jack Russell and Tia who is a rescue and a lurcher x staffie.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I love the gorgeous old ferrets. Last year a lady was showing her pet ferrets at an open day outside our vet. They were so beautiful but I was a bit wary of handling one when being invited to. Just in case I let it go and lost it.

Wendy, lovely pics of your birds and hamster. It's really nice to see pets, especially birds become so tame when they are used to being handled. I didn't realise that you had no chickens now but I think you have enough to look after with the rest of the pet family, Dave and Megan.

Interesting to see what others have )like(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
manda

Post by manda »

Cats...I have a few cats...
Frankie
..and again just relaxing (I think she needs to chill out more lol!!)
Bindi and Milly
Dora
Winnie
and Mia...who has currently not been seen for some time so I could now only have 5 cats

The ginger tabby turned up one day and is the Mum to all the others. We did have 3 boys too but they are gone.....such a shame because they were such lovely boys.

Of course we also have the lovely Baarbara who whilst she doesn't live in the house is very much a forever sheep...we do have others but she is much more pet than just a sheep ...this was taken a few years ago now but I just love it...and it pretty much sums her up. She's 10 ish now but still the same.
and we now have the Angora's that again aren't really pets but Bobby is the Special one out of them all
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny