Poopy Beau

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Poopy Beau

Post by albertajune »

Last evening, I had a shower, put on my nightie and settled down to watch a program on the TV while Roy took Beau for his last walk. Lovely!!

When Roy came back into the kitchen he still had Beau on his lead. "He needs a wash" he said. Beau had run off into long grass and found a very fresh fox poo, which he rolled in, especially his head. He had poo everywhere even in the long fur of his ears yike* . A wash wasn't enough, he needed a shower. We don't have a bath, just a large shower which has an extended hose for dog washing. Of course washing is my job, so got undressed again, took a protesting Beau in the shower and repeatedly shampooed him to get the horrible stuff out of him.
Eventually it was gone but then the drying session had to be put in practice, which with him takes ages and of course the shower to clean.

He did at last look beautiful but even with all the washing and rinsing, I could still smell that aroma, so he was finished off with a fine spray of my very expensive Angel perfume.

Needless to say I missed my program and felt very fraught. Beau does seem to be very attracted to fox poo but this is the first time he has found a really smelly one and rolled in it.

The countryside is beautiful but it does have its down side.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Re: Poopy Beau

Post by p.penn »

Oh no! Poor you June! I really empathise as Bailey adores fox poo }hairout{ Sometimes she manages to get it all over her collar and on the buckle too! }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

YUK !!!
Fortunately Dave doesn't do it. But had a few that did }hairout{
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I feel your pain June! Lollie has only done it twice but that was more than enough! I managed to stop her the other day, head was going down to one side and she dropped her shoulder - luckily I spotted her and dragged her away!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Our Lab Sable can sniff it out a mile away! She must of had at least 20 baths this year alone. We don't put a collar on her any more as the poo used to get on the collar and i could not get rid of the smell.
She now heads straight for the bathroom once we get back from the walk if she has rolled in it and stares at the bath and once the water is in jumps straight in. {rofwl}
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I'd really love to get a dog - maybe I've just changed my mind {rofwl}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Shame about your programme, maybe you can watch it on catchup tv?

As a kid, we'd often all get piled into the car to go for walks with the dogs and parents.
I have had to share the back seat of a car with some 'orrible things lol.
One of the most memorable was a rough collie which had found a lovely, fresh cow pat just before we got back into the vehicle. No streams to rinse her in. Yum.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Cow pat !!!
My son, when he was about 7, decided to jump on a crusty one. Sadly it wasn't crusty inside yike*
Spencer wouldn't let him in the car and I had to walk him back, not far fortunately.
But when we got home I had to throw away shirt, shorts, socks and shoes . {rofwl}

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

My OH Roy is unbelievable! When he took Beau out after lunch, I suggested that he went down a different path through the field or Beau would head for the poo again. I did say that if Beau rolled again, Roy could clean him up. I was assured that if he went the same way, Beau would be put on a lead.

Of course, he went the same way, no lead and very nearly another roll. All that stopped him was Roy running to stop him and then falling over. He has a grazed nose which will be bruised and I can guarantee that the walk in the future will be in a different direction. {rofwl}
Sorry if the laugh is out of place, but.......!! We did both have a laugh about it a little later. Oh and Beau was clean :-D
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

One of the dog training classes I attended recommended tomato ketchup to get the smell of fox poo out of dog fur. Don't know if it works though.

)ot: Angel has had a bath today, her white areas were beginning to look grey, and I thought it was long enough since her op. We are off in the caravan soon, so I prefer a clean dog jumping around on our beds! Her coat parted down the middle, and there was about an inch of grey hair down each side, she looked as if she needed a touch up. Normally her hair lies straight. Yesterday she had a massive grooming session, and I had a good few brushfuls off her, I imagine the bath will encourage the moult!
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Spreckly wrote:One of the dog training classes I attended recommended tomato ketchup to get the smell of fox poo out of dog fur. Don't know if it works though.

I seem to remember reading that washing/rinsing in tomato juice helps remove the smell of skunk!
So there could be something in the ketchup theory :)
wendy

Post by wendy »

It does work. But then you have a sticky dog smelling of Ketchup.
I found doing that first and then a bath better

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Oh good that's a useful bit of information just incase! Toffee hasn't managed to
roll in foxpoo for a long time now, she does this strange pacing hip-swinging thing
when she wants to roll, so I always manage to stop her. My last dog managed to
roll in a long-dead octopus that he found in a field, poooooeeewww! that took a
long time to wash out sile}
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Lollie doesn't roll in cow pats, she eats them )loo(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell