Pickling eggs

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Pickling eggs

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry mods, hope this is in the right section.

While we were away, we were given three dozen eggs to add to the two dozen I already had before we went away. I had planned to bake with some of the two dozen, which I did, gave a dozen to my neighbour, and we have pickled most of the rest.

Please can anyone tell me how long the eggs need to remain in the vinegar before we can use them?
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Pickling eggs

Post by Totally Scrambled »

My book says stick them in the fridge for 8 - 10 days before eating )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks Dom. I have made a huge jar of pickled eggs, and would prefer to put them in the wash house, which is north facing.
ChickenLane
Learner Laner

Post by ChickenLane »

Spreckly wrote:Sorry mods, hope this is in the right section.

While we were away, we were given three dozen eggs to add to the two dozen I already had before we went away. I had planned to bake with some of the two dozen, which I did, gave a dozen to my neighbour, and we have pickled most of the rest.

Please can anyone tell me how long the eggs need to remain in the vinegar before we can use them?

Hi Spreckly,

For a while I was looking at pickling to preserve eggs, then I stumbled across how to split the yolk and egg white and now I freeze them instead :)

These is a really good UTube video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxxRv5FwWJE

Hope this helps!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I freeze mine too - just whisk the yolk & white together and freeze in whatever size container I'll need. Yoghurt pot for 2 egg omelette, marg tub with a pound of eggs (exact weight written on lid) for a batch of fruit cakes. It comes out more gloopy but the same when cooked.
Don't think that would work when the eggs are already pickled :-D
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Mo and Chickenlane - thanks for the advice.