Stuff that annoys me in the Gym

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
saint-spoon

Stuff that annoys me in the Gym

Post by saint-spoon »

Just a quick grump about my local gym. Why do folk sit on the machines texting? Can they not be without their smart phones for half an hour? What is it with the make-up and overpowering perfume that one or two girls seem think is essential for gym usage? It is a gym not a nightclub. On the flip side of this there was a bloke yesterday who could have done with a wash before he went to the gym, he was thrutching, it was so bad that you had to wait a while to go on the machines after he had vacated. I think that is just about it for my grump today. }hairout{ :-D
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Re: Stuff that annoys me in the Gym

Post by p.penn »

sile} I'm afraid the gym was never for me. I was one of those idiots who lost their footing and flew backwards off the running machine {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

You must feel so better getting that grump out of the way. )t' I no longer use a gym and then only used it on over 60's day in an effort to get fitter.
To be honest, I never enjoyed it like some people do and my use of the treadmill ended up similar to Helen's. I never came off it but couldn't slow it down, so ended up just clinging on and feeling a fool. :oops:
I agree with all that you say SS and think that mobile phones are a nuisance in too many places now, ie the supermarket and hospital waiting rooms just to mention two. As for perfume & body odour, maybe the two people giving off the aromas should get together!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

The gym is a funny place, there are the die hards like myself who turn up week on week, bash out a good session and pour ourselves out of the door sweating like a Pompey fan at the dock, and there are still the others doing their posing but they never seem to last for long. I think that they must take up a free week’s trial or something and decide that it is not for them after they have to start paying for the usage. I have however bumped into a couple of old school friends from years back, folk I haven’t seen in nearly thirty years which is a nice side effect of gyming… I don’t however seem to be losing the belly (maybe the weekend ale consumption might have something to do with it).
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It must be a good place for observation !!

I recall only too well the wafts I used to get from the Cricketers after a two hour session!!

Good news is I will never annoy you spoony !!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

the gym apparatus annoy me in the gym {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

What annoys me most about my gym is that it burnt down last week!

Lovely little gym/pool at a local hotel. Membership is cheaper than the local leisure centre and most mornings I have the pool to myself.

But sadly it is now gone and the latest estimates are it will take up to a year to rebuild {cry}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh gosh Lucy, that's a nuisance }hairout{ Mind you, a year goes very quickly :?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

That is annoying Lucy.
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Oh dear.

I don't have to worry, my daughter has a Gym at the bottom of her Garden.
I use it quite often.

You may remember these photos from about five years ago....

[center]Image

Image[/center]

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Oh, I think you're very brave to mingle with all that body odour in the first place {rofwl} I'm afraid the gym isn't for me, I'd much rather be out for a walk in the fresh air, plus it's cheaper )j;
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx