Still Trying To Use Up My Marrows

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Still Trying To Use Up My Marrows

Post by Totally Scrambled »

As the last few days have been non gardening weather I knocked up another batch of marrow chutney but this time I decided to add some dried crushed chilli to the mix to spice things up.
I've also acquired some plums from a nearby wild tree and am planning to make a batch of marrow & plum chutney.
The recipe says to use white malt vinegar, which I will have to buy, but I was wondering if I could use cider vinegar which I have in the cupboard?
Dom
Ali Woks My World
p.penn

Re: Still Trying To Use Up My Marrows

Post by p.penn »

Sorry, no idea about the vinegar, but your chutneys sound brill. You have been a busy bunny, haven't you? :bun:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Dom - I just use the brown fish shop type vinegar in our chutney, and it keeps and keeps.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Your store cupboard must be looking pretty good. As OH had a stroke earlier this year, he didn't get round to much planting, so have missed out on marrows which I am usually giving away.
Another use for marrow in the way of preserves is marrow and ginger jam. I haven't made any this year but it is usually a success if you like ginger. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Might give that a go June unless there are strong objections from the ladies of the house :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World