Courgetti

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Courgetti

Post by Totally Scrambled »

In our efforts to not waste any courgettes/marrows our eldest found a recipe for courgette spaghetti using goats cheese, herbs & spices for flavouring.
We had some the other night and it was suprisingly good so we are having it again tonight as an accompaniment to a fish dish )eat(
Might experiment with other variations too.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Courgetti

Post by albertajune »

Have you got one of those new gadgets that makes veg into spaghetti? If so, do you think it is something worth having, or one of those new fangled gadgets that soon gets pushed to the back of the cupboard.
I think they look interesting but am not sure about buying one.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

June,
We've got a cheap mandolin that cost about £10 fifteen years ago. It has two insert thingies which are reversable, one side being flat and the other a row of blades. One makes thin slices one side and thin slice and diced on the other while the other insert does chunkier slices or dices.
It isn't used every day but it comes in handy if you are slicing/dicing a reasonable amount of stuff and I use it fot chutney making etc. It probably doesn't speed up finely chopping, for example, just one onion by much but it does if you have two or more to do. It hooks over the bowl/pan so the choppings go straight in the pot.
A cheap one like ours does the basics but I think the posh expensive ones do more. I'm happy with our cheapy one as I'm not a fancy schmancy cordon bleu cook :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
manda

Post by manda »

albertajune wrote:Have you got one of those new gadgets that makes veg into spaghetti? If so, do you think it is something worth having, or one of those new fangled gadgets that soon gets pushed to the back of the cupboard.

I suppose it depends if you push it to the back of the cupboard Mo )grin2(
Seriously I've got a Spirooli and I love it for making courgette spaghetti (and carrots)...it's handy for other things too but as I say it depends on whether you personally would - so far we've not relegated it to the back of the cupboard (not to say it won't happen in the future I suppose).
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

So Dom, I am confused >dum<

You made courgette spaghetti from chopped/diced/sliced courgettes from your mandolin? How is it spaghetti then? >dum<
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

p.penn wrote:So Dom, I am confused >dum<

You made courgette spaghetti from chopped/diced/sliced courgettes from your mandolin? How is it spaghetti then? >dum<

I was explaining what my cheapo mandolin could do cutty choppy wise generally.
To make the courgetti spaghetti we peeled a courgette, put the thin slicy dicey blade in and ran the courgette through it length wise to produce long thin strips of courgetti. If we'd run the courgette through it end on it would have made very short strips which wouldn't have looked much like spaghetti.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

manda wrote:
albertajune wrote:Have you got one of those new gadgets that makes veg into spaghetti? If so, do you think it is something worth having, or one of those new fangled gadgets that soon gets pushed to the back of the cupboard.

I suppose it depends if you push it to the back of the cupboard Mo )

That was AJ's cat, not my cat Manda.

I agree about gadgets though. When I bought a cheap microwave I was sold various things to use in it, which just collect dust.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
manda

Post by manda »

Ooops bit distracted at the moment Mo sorry....and sorry June {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny